Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

We are a striker away..

TheDarkBlues

From being a pretty decent Premiership team.

No disrespect to any of our forwards (especially after today's performance), but we really need a proven goalscorer because the lack of goals from this area is all that separates us from the surrounding teams in the league.

I was surprised that TD didn't give Pineda 10 minutes today to see how he would get on.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
15 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No disrespect to any of our forwards (especially after today's performance), but we really need a proven goalscorer because the lack of goals from this area is all that separates us from the surrounding teams in the league.

I was surprised that TD didn't give Pineda 10 minutes today to see how he would get on.

Agree with all that.

27 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I think Pineda might nick a goal or two when presented with opportunities inside the box, today was all about hard work, determination and fighting for possession in deeper areas which, from what I've seen so far, isn't really his game.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think Pineda might nick a goal or two when presented with opportunities inside the box, today was all about hard work, determination and fighting for possession in deeper areas which, from what I've seen so far, isn't really his game.

How can you tell from the limited time he has played for us?

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Well it does say "from what I've seen so far" but he has made 3 appearances in the LC. I just don't see him being physical enough to compete outside the box or pacy enough to run away from people. 

Fair enough Rev, I don't remember him playing to be honest, and I just thought that since he made the bench that TD would give him some time today.

Hibs have a couple of supposedly good strikers but the end result was zilch.Today was more about defense and midfield and we need to gradually improve that area to move on to better things.We had under 40% of possession only 1 corner and much less shots than Hibs.In the past we would have conceded one,two,three.Its tha ability to come away from there with a clean sheet which sets the foundation game by game to develop a unit which other teams will struggle to overcome.

14 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Fair enough Rev, I don't remember him playing to be honest, and I just thought that since he made the bench that TD would give him some time today.

He got 30 minutes plus at Airdrie,  around 70 minutes at home to Dumbarton and the first half at home to ICT. Early day's but without being disrespectful to anyone I think the much maligned Zak Rudden is a wee bit ahead of him in the pecking order. Probably 4th choice unless he's keeping something up his sleeve. Just my opinion though.

Despite the point we cant expect to win points from away games when its like the Alamo at times. We really need to match some of these team as we grow into this league. The stats today were frightening in Hibs favour. I know stats dont win games but the law of averages show that the other team will usually win with stats like that.

On 30/09/2023 at 17:29, TheDarkBlues said:

Yes agree...

Adblock Detected