Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Mo Sylla

eyeothedug

A few have been commenting on him not getting a start. I think him and Boateng would provide an excellent holding two in front of a four man defence and sitting behind a more advanced three with a single striker. Beck to continue his attacking runs in a 4 5 1 when off the ball and a 3 2 4 1 when attacking...

Sylla has only played about 30 mins v Hearts and must be training hard...wonder why TD isn't starting him.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
19 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I think he's a bit too similar in style to Boateng to play them together. 

But wasn't Sylla purchased to be more of an aggressive ball winner and to provide bite. Boeteng doesn't really do that I feel. He retains possession well and is a good passer but doesn't provide grit. I think they would complement each other.

I think McCowan has probably been our most consistent player in the side and I'm not dropping Boateng right now. Think Robertson deserves to be near the top of the pecking order too.

Sylla will get his chance, we've a huge squad as is and it can only be a good thing that him and Howley are ready to chomp at the bit to secure their place in the team.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think McCowan has probably been our most consistent player in the side and I'm not dropping Boateng right now. Think Robertson deserves to be near the top of the pecking order too.

Sylla will get his chance, we've a huge squad as is and it can only be a good thing that him and Howley are ready to chomp at the bit to secure their place in the team.

Yes agree re McCowan. Boateng too. Wasn't suggesting dropping him :) I think a five man midfield suits our style and that Sylla would work well alongside Boeteng in a holding two.

16 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

A few have been commenting on him not getting a start. I think him and Boateng would provide an excellent holding two in front of a four man defence and sitting behind a more advanced three with a single striker. Beck to continue his attacking runs in a 4 5 1 when off the ball and a 3 2 4 1 when attacking...

Sylla has only played about 30 mins v Hearts and must be training hard...wonder why TD isn't starting him.

Sylla played last 20 minutes v Hearts and St Johnstone. That was one of several mistakes that day in Perth. The table could have looked so much better.

9 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Sylla played last 20 minutes v Hearts and St Johnstone. That was one of several mistakes that day in Perth. The table could have looked so much better.

Yes I was there for the Hearts game. He looked great. So it's the St J performance that's holding him back. Was he that bad? Maybe he was affected by the other poor decisions that day?

We made a bad decision that day taking finn/boateng off, they were exceptional first half. mulligan would have been the better sub option for tiffoney. Reilly and Howley came on and didnt offer anything. However ST J's Chris Kane was like a wasp all over our defence and was unsettling them. But you have can't take away from the fact we put so much into 70mins, and Rudden's miss. 

Sylla, did intercept twice in his time on the park - to then create play for opportunities on the St  J goal. IMO Howley was a big mistake that day, he was off the pace.

The two balls that came in were from play that should have been closed down on the wing, we should have been 4-0 up - if you think about the chances!

47 minutes ago, darkbluecheshire said:

We made a bad decision that day taking finn/boateng off, they were exceptional first half. mulligan would have been the better sub option for tiffoney. Reilly and Howley came on and didnt offer anything. However ST J's Chris Kane was like a wasp all over our defence and was unsettling them. But you have can't take away from the fact we put so much into 70mins, and Rudden's miss. 

Sylla, did intercept twice in his time on the park - to then create play for opportunities on the St  J goal. IMO Howley was a big mistake that day, he was off the pace.

The two balls that came in were from play that should have been closed down on the wing, we should have been 4-0 up - if you think about the chances!

Ok so Sylla wasn't to blame then...good :) Hope to see him start soon alongside Boeteng.

Adblock Detected