Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

1893 Foundation.

Neil Cameron

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

While I'm not involved with organising the foundation now I'm still a keen member, donating every month since the start.

I wonder if the club could push it a bit more, especially during feelgood moments like after the Hearts win or the equaliser vs Killie. 

It's an important extra income stream for the club and if even another 200 members paid £10 pm that's another £24,000 pa.

Incidently a friend who donates £20 pm says he's broken the £750 barrier so is entitled to hozzy for 2 so anyone else who donates this amount should also be due the same. I think I should be due it too. 

Joined this during Covid to help the club. Came out in March-22 after the Mcghee debacle.

Communication was good at the start then became pretty non exsistent. Club should be looking to relaunch this and look at what other clubs do, think Aberdeen have a good one. 

Problem we have is Nelms/club don’t readily communicate with the general supporter base, this being a prime example and now over 3 years old. 

33 minutes ago, Icedbun said:

Joined this during Covid to help the club. Came out in March-22 after the Mcghee debacle.

Communication was good at the start then became pretty non exsistent. Club should be looking to relaunch this and look at what other clubs do, think Aberdeen have a good one. 

Problem we have is Nelms/club don’t readily communicate with the general supporter base, this being a prime example and now over 3 years old. 

We could look at how the other clubs do it and take some ideas for our foundation. We could definitely push it a big more.

11 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

We could look at how the other clubs do it and take some ideas for our foundation. We could definitely push it a big more.

As some have argued ours in not a Foundation, its just a donation to club coffers. We have no targeted uses for our money, like the wee stand at Gussie Park or e ticketing or anything frabric to the club. It just helps run the club, pay the bills and salaries.

I know some who wont join because of that.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

As some have argued ours in not a Foundation, its just a donation to club coffers. We have no targeted uses for our money, like the wee stand at Gussie Park or e ticketing or anything frabric to the club. It just helps run the club, pay the bills and salaries.

I know some who wont join because of that.

I don't understand that pov tbh. It all goes towards the budget whatever it pays for.

5 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I don't understand that pov tbh. It all goes towards the budget whatever it pays for.

It goes toward John Nelms' salary and that's why many fans just won't contribute. It should be targeted at something that directly benefits fans. Getting rid of the swamp at the back of The Coxy would've been a decent first project to benefit.

10 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

But other clubs Foundations agree specific projects to be funded and are duly acknowledged like the DSA on the new team coach. It does matter as it’s recognition of fans efforts

3 hours ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

You know what I had just about forgot I was a member as hear nothing from them but checked bank and still pay them!

Use to get emails but not for a very long time!

Could anybody tell how many members still 2 as sure read somewhere numbers plummeting?

535 as of April 2022! Last time it’s been updated on the website. 

Adblock Detected