The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Boba Fett

Safe Standing

Rate this topic

If it can be introduced *there* - it can be introduced ANYWHERE!

Where is there more likely to be problems with unruly support/flares/flags etc...?

There, or any other ground in the league??

Let the club prepare the Main Stand Enclosure for the safe standing section

Let the club prepare the Main Stand Enclosure for the safe standing section

I wonder what the possibilities are that this is precisely WHY the recent developments have been undertaken??

Front of the main stand is tailor made for this. Only thing is we will have to put the slope back in on the Coxy side.

About time if you ask me.

The guy doing the demonstration on sky today say's it's the future.. aye mate good ane! Men have been standing at football matches long before they were forced to sit and shut there pusses.

I don't know why it's not being introduced everywhere in Scotland for whoever wants to use it now?..

It works everywhere else it's used in the world so what makes Scotland so different that it needs to be trialled firstly at septic park next season or when they are getting to put it in place before it's given the ok for the rest of us to install if we want.

I saw the safe standing 'seats' that are going to be used at Parkhead and I'm not particularly impressed. The seat can be locked in the upright position for standing at games and opened up when there's a need for seating.

You'll still be treated worse than a battery chicken though and you won't have the freedom that you used to have on an open terrace .. If this is as good as it's going to get, then to me it's not good enough. What's wrong with the crush barriers of yesteryear ?

_83519372_peter_lawwell.jpg

wait....

So it's really just a seated area where people can stand...?

wait....

So it's really just a seated area where people can stand...?

I'd hoped that they'd come up with something better than that , should've known better though   :rant:

Brilliant idea that works very well in Germany. When playing in a European match the crowd sits and in a German league match some of the stadium is turned into a standing area. At last someone is listening to the fans but there will always be some that will complain about it

• Like 1

Looking at that picture, it seems to me to be the worst of both worlds.

Seats look *tiny*, with a metal bar that will prevent anyone from using the back of the chair. (The back of the chair slopes behind the frame!)

And the seats themselves look so close together as to create a pretty precarious standing space.

Now, obviously, you cannot tell the reality of it from a picture... but I'm glad it's being trialed there and not here.

Crammed in like sardines springs to mind and those seat backs look excellent for giving you a few bruises to the ribs in a sway    

Of course, there will always be some folk that'll accept anything as progress   :D

It works in Germany so why can't it work here ?

Lots of fans have been wanting a safe standing area for years. Now we get it some people still moan about it. Some of us are never happy :(.

I am though :)

Take it the rails are removed when in seating mode??

If not, you'll have a dirty great big metal bar at eye level..

I imagine it will be the same set-up as Bristol City.

rail-seats-bristol-city.jpg