Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The good, the bad and the ugly of loan player's


Ned Spark

Recommended Posts

Due to injuries, Liverpool is now down to the bare minimum of left-backs. There is a remote chance that Beck could be recalled, which could leave us short on time to find a replacement during the January window.

Should we be relying on so many loan players over the course of a season knowing that we are developing players for other teams, especially when they could be recalled?

Should there be a stricter limit on the number of loan players a club can have at one time and over the season and Is the quality of youth development in Scotland as a whole reflected in the fact that more Scottish teams are dependent on loans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Unless there is a specific clause can they even recall outside of the window? My understanding was that there is a temporary transfer of the player’s registration during a loan and you can only transfer a player’s registration during the window. On the general point, I suppose you don’t want too many because you’ll end up with rebuilds every year but the other side of that is that we are able to secure a higher quality player. Someone like Beck would be out of our reach otherwise. Think it’s all about getting the right balance which I think we have managed this year in terms of our starting 11 at least. Cheap loans to fill out the squad is not the worst idea either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Unless there is a specific clause can they even recall outside of the window? My understanding was that there is a temporary transfer of the player’s registration during a loan and you can only transfer a player’s registration during the window. On the general point, I suppose you don’t want too many because you’ll end up with rebuilds every year but the other side of that is that we are able to secure a higher quality player. Someone like Beck would be out of our reach otherwise. Think it’s all about getting the right balance which I think we have managed this year in terms of our starting 11 at least. Cheap loans to fill out the squad is not the worst idea either. 

Correct, Beck can't be recalled as the English transfer window is not open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Unless there is a specific clause can they even recall outside of the window? My understanding was that there is a temporary transfer of the player’s registration during a loan and you can only transfer a player’s registration during the window. On the general point, I suppose you don’t want too many because you’ll end up with rebuilds every year but the other side of that is that we are able to secure a higher quality player. Someone like Beck would be out of our reach otherwise. Think it’s all about getting the right balance which I think we have managed this year in terms of our starting 11 at least. Cheap loans to fill out the squad is not the worst idea either. 

I should have made it clear in my post that players can only be recalled during an open window, hence why I said it would leave us short to find a replacement during the window. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ideally we would have a squad of our own permanent players and be in a position to constantly loan out younger players to gain experience before they come back and break into the team.

Unfortunately with the constant rebuilds etc we are short of a full squad of quality players so the loan market is then key to teams like Dundee.

Boys like Beck and Boateng would be out of our financial reach for a permanent transfer so loans then make sense.

It's all about getting the right type of loan in, a player who is hungry and keen to impress as opposed to a player who thinks he should still be playing at a higher level and isn't keen on fighting it out to regain his top form etc..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I see,  it would be much better, if we were in a financial position whereby we had less reliance on "Loan Players"

But as is often said "It is what it is"...And on a positive note, I'm sure there are many players from down South, who

initially, wouldn't have DFC at top of their list (Or even Scottish Football) But are then impressed by what's on offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gedee said:

As I see,  it would be much better, if we were in a financial position whereby we had less reliance on "Loan Players"

But as is often said "It is what it is"...And on a positive note, I'm sure there are many players from down South, who

initially, wouldn't have DFC at top of their list (Or even Scottish Football) But are then impressed by what's on offer.

Since Bosman it’s very difficult for provincial teams, clubs are practically forced to go through major rebuilds before the start of every season. It’s unlikely we will ever do without loans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gull83 said:

Unfortunately with the constant rebuilds etc we are short of a full squad of quality players so the loan market is then key to teams like Dundee.

We were never going to be able to replace 20 odd players with full signings this season so agree loans are critical for us at this stage. 
Hopefully we stabilise and let TD build a squad of contracted players but it’s going to take another 2-3 windows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It goes much deeper than football imo where we allow small changes to happen, sometimes for a small compensatory fee,  but over a period of time we end up much worse off due to the small nature of each thing we give up adding up to something much larger. Clubs with proud histories are now going cap in hand to bigger clubs for a loan of their up and coming players. Colt teams trying to sneak into the league system ahead of long established clubs is another thing we don't see as a long term issue.

We have accepted and are accepting so much without a thought of the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It goes much deeper than football imo where we allow small changes to happen, sometimes for a small compensatory fee,  but over a period of time we end up much worse off due to the small nature of each thing we give up adding up to something much larger. Clubs with proud histories are now going cap in hand to bigger clubs for la oan of their up and coming players. Colt teams trying to sneak into the league system ahead of long established clubs is another thing we don't see as a long term issue.

We have accepted and are accepting so much without a thought of the future. 

Rev, I don't think there is anything in your post to disagree with...And too much reliance on Loan Players can cause it's own long term problems (Financial & otherwise). But without being able to point out to anything specific. It appears to me, TD has the backing & confidence of the Board ....Well at least at this time :chin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gedee said:

Rev, I don't think there is anything in your post to disagree with...And too much reliance on Loan Players can cause it's own long term problems (Financial & otherwise). But without being able to point out to anything specific. It appears to me, TD has the backing & confidence of the Board ....Well at least at this time :chin:

The loan players are good, Beck is a standout. We used to produce good players though who the bigger clubs signed for an adequate fee which then filtered down the league's as we replaced the sold player and so on.

The field was much more level then though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


×
×
  • Create New...