Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Usual farce from the SPFL

Gull83

Just reading there that United's game against Arbroath tonight was moved at the DAB's request to mark an anniversary despite Arbroath's opposition to the move.

Surely an enforced date move from the SPFL should only be sanctioned when it comes to safety fears, fixture congestion or the usual TV requirements.

Any other reason should then need to be accepted by both clubs.

As a part time club, Arbroath's claim that they have guys working during the day on a Friday is a legitimate reason to leave the game as originally planned on the Saturday. 

This just seems very unfair to me and the decision makers favouring the bigger club as usual.

I've seen legitimate requests before rejected but they sanction this move for an anniversary of a horrible shitty club!!!

C'mon the Arbroath tonight !!!!

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4794589/dundee-united-arbroath-ridiculous-dick-campbell-tough-evening/

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Wasn't the first time they played this season on a Friday ?

Yes it was, but that was moved for TV reasons. As mentioned in my original post TV is an acceptable reason for a match being moved.
Arbroath said the same as well, TV deal is all part of the package.

Not overly fussed as it’s not effecting our club, all I was saying is that I didn’t think it was fair on Arbroath. 
They accept games being moved for TV as that’s part of the financial package but games being moved against there will for an anniversary of another club is wrong in my opinion.

We have a game next week now against Livi that was moved at the request of both clubs, that’s the way it should be! 

Adblock Detected