Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate The Manager: Tony Dockerty (Rangers, Home, 01st Nov 2023)

TAYZURRI

Rate The Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate the managers' team selection?

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Stars
  2. 2. How did you rate the managers tactics on the park

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Stars

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Is there a reason why his name is being spelt incorrectly every week on this thread?

The after match posts information are automatically added by our software and the information used in this case was incorrectly used. I have just corrected this now and should be correct in future posts, however, I cannot guarantee we will get everything else right! 🤣

After weeks of playing with a fairly consistent team selection, the manager has made a few changes in the last couple of games. Some are understandable, but for the life of me, I cannot fathom why he has changed the positions of 2 of our best performers this season from their normal roles.

Boateng has been very effective sitting in front of the defence. Sylla is nowhere near as good in this position. Constantly caught on his heels and an early booking meant he was unable to put himself about as was required. Boateng also looked a bit lost pushed in a more advanced position.

Similarly, Beck has been far more effective in the left wing back role. Last night, he was probably trying too hard to make things happen and constantly ran into opposition traffic or often appeared to take one touch too many. No disrespect to Donnelly, but i would much rather have seen Robertson in the midfield and Beck in his usual position.

Docherty hasn't got all that much wrong this season, but needs to learn fast.

Finally, I don't think that we need to dwell for too long on last night's performance or result. Results in games against the Old Firm will not define our season. What will, is the manner in which we respond to such setbacks.

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The after match posts information are automatically added by our software and the information used in this case was incorrectly used. I have just corrected this now and should be correct in future posts, however, I cannot guarantee we will get everything else right! 🤣

That's where you and I differ. I rarely get anything wrong and am usually prepared to guarantee I'm right.

Beck played out of position,should have tucked in along with tiffoney in first fifteen to try get foothold on game. this would have force Rangers wide and could double team wide players. then on winning ball back play quick ball to same two who would drift to touchlines to receive a pass in space. St Mirren adopted those tactics against Celtic which nearly paid off,but have to have robust cm,and quick right/left backs who know that position. Tony fucked up,and should have gone man mark ,know who he is and glue yourself to them. Stand monkey has ranted ................

#pishstillboiling.

Adblock Detected