Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate The Manager: T. Docherty (Livingston, Home, 05th Nov 2023)

TheDarkBlues

Rate The Manager  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate the managers' team selection?

2. 2. How did you rate the managers tactics on the park

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

A wee bit lightweight in midfield in the first half for my liking. McGhee isn't a wingback but he's obviously in there for his height and aerial ability against Livi's giants. Boateng hasn't trained too much since last weekend so 45 minutes was probably the right call.

Think he got more right than wrong today.

15 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

A wee bit lightweight in midfield in the first half for my liking. McGhee isn't a wingback but he's obviously in there for his height and aerial ability against Livi's giants. Boateng hasn't trained too much since last weekend so 45 minutes was probably the right call.

Think he got more right than wrong today.

Thought Boateng made the difference first 15 minutes of the second half. Sylla didn't seem able to find a blue jersey first half.

I think we have the Scottish Claudio Ranieri.

First half was as bad as anything Ive seen since, well Wednesday night. Second half was much better, again. Don't think we can continue only playing half the game, we won't get away with it all the time.

However, 11 games, 14 points, top half of the table. We would have been delighted with that at the start of the season, and its probably a sign of the improvements that we have made, that we can look back on the opening round of fixtures and think it should probably have been better.

17 hours ago, Bobby123 said:

Poor team selection and poor subs.

McGhee never a right winger-killed our options down that side in the first half.

How can it be a poor team selection and poor subs if we win the game 1-0?

Not a great game of football and we did get away with it slightly, but the manager did his job and he's doing a great job.

His first season as a number one also.

Not keen on McGhee as a wing back. Not his fault, but he looks really uncomfortable out there. Completely different role to just playing as a full back. Will probably look better when Mulligan is fit and can play out there. It’s hard because we all want two up top but I really feel for our wing backs in this system because they’re expected to do so much going forward and it is hard. If they had a bit of help out there I think we would find it easier to create chances from open play which we are struggling with a bit. I wonder if more of a 3-4-3 is an option with McCowan and Tiffoney behind Bakayoko providing some width and pace. We were quite one paced again yesterday. 

Adblock Detected