Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

That wasn't pretty... but

TheDarkBlues

It was three points and that's all that matters.

Three things about today that show TD is doing something right.

1. His subs actually change the game for the better
  2. He has signed a proper goalkeeper who has won us many points this season already. That fingertip save today was worth his transfer fee alone.
  3. He has made us hard to beat and our defence (Outwith the old firm) are one of the best in the league when it comes to keeping clean sheets.

Today, was one of those game where in precious seasons in the Premiership, we would have lost to a team like Livingston (Don't think we had beaten Livingston at home since 2004?).

However, I wish he would at times stop tinkering with the team line-ups and formations.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
51 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

It was three points and that's all that matters.

Three things about today that show TD is doing something right.

1. His subs actually change the game for the better
  2. He has signed a proper goalkeeper who has won us many points this season already. That fingertip save today was worth his transfer fee alone.
  3. He has made us hard to beat and our defence (Outwith the old firm) are one of the best in the league when it comes to keeping clean sheets.

Today, was one of those game where in precious seasons in the Premiership, we would have lost to a team like Livingston (Don't think we had beaten Livingston at home since 2004?).

However, I wish he would at times stop tinkering with the team line-ups and formations.

I would cut TD a bit of slack on this issue at the moment, he has 20 some players whom he never knew before he came here and I think he's still trying to  find out his best 11 and the best formation.

I can understand the tinkering as there are not many that have made themselves definite starters. For me Carson beck shaugnessy boateng mccowan and probably now also Portales are the only ones that have shown enough to be starting every game. So 5 slots still up for grabs.

I thought Robertson had done enough to merit an extended run beside Boateng. Sylla is not an improvement imo.

Until someone puts their hand up then I expect it will be different every game. 

1 hour ago, QuesoGrande said:

I can understand the tinkering as there are not many that have made themselves definite starters. For me Carson beck shaugnessy boateng mccowan and probably now also Portales are the only ones that have shown enough to be starting every game. So 5 slots still up for grabs.

I thought Robertson had done enough to merit an extended run beside Boateng. Sylla is not an improvement imo.

I’d prefer Mulligan to come into midfield to add a bit of steel and composure. Although Rudden had a good game, it was essential today that he and Bayakoko held the ball up to take pressure off the midfield and defence, unfortunately they don’t have a decent first touch to enable them to do it. Add in some sloppy passing from our midfield and we had a shaky first half.  No doubt the manager will be working on the defects and it’s on to Saints next week.

1 hour ago, QuesoGrande said:

If we're winning games then those with the jerseys deserve to keep their place barring injury or tactical changes. We're not consistently winning games though and as the newly promoted team and a new squad of players we're understandably a little bit inconsistent. Add in the fact that we're making ourselves hard to beat rather than being fluent and attack minded and I think it's probably decent going that over half of our team, mostly our more defensive minded players, are our most consistent and main starters. Having Babayoko dropping so deep that he's picking up the ball from our centre backs (first half) and Rudden chasing our defensive clearances trying to prevent us conceding a corner (second half) won't get them the goals that'd keep them in the team. 

2 hours ago, QuesoGrande said:

Agree on Robertson, thought he had started the season really well

IMO the tinkering should absolutely be expected. At the level of football we're at, you should really have a squad of 22 players who are all effective enough in offering something different.

We're just all traumatised from years of just being so reliant on a very small core of guys and a dozen hangers on who haven't been up to it that change looks scary sometimes.

For instance, we got completely done a bit on the wings against St Mirren last time. Lamie did nothing wrong today but he's not the most mobile playing as an outside cb with a lot of space between him and Beck. It's a weakness that St Mirren will be more likely to exploit and I think we'll go Donnelly (who might not have done as well today against Nouble).

Adblock Detected