Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Carson

J_Kitamirike

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, J_Kitamirike said:

Surely got to be the best keeper we've had since Speroni?

He was hyped up before when the rumours about him singing were on the go and he's proven to be an outstanding keeper.

The guy is a class above what we have had at Dens for many years, he has saved us so many points all on his own.

It also helps to have a pretty decent defence in front of you, but some of his saves has been world-class.

3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Apart from a bit of a brain fart at the first goal on Wednesday night, which he made up for later, he's been excellent.

I must admit that that was terrible goal-keeping and not like him to do. But, as you say, totally made up for it later.

That's one game that we just have to forget and move on from, but still learn from it. Today we looked shaky all over the park and I wonder how much of that was down to Wednesday and not wanting to lose?

9 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I must admit that that was terrible goal-keeping and not like him to do. But, as you say, totally made up for it later.

That's one game that we just have to forget and move on from, but still learn from it. Today we looked shaky all over the park and I wonder how much of that was down to Wednesday and not wanting to lose?

Maybe something to do with Wednesday. Maybe something to do with a different starting eleven every other match, I’m not sure. However, it’s been a long time since we’ve played as poorly as today (first half mainly) and still been able to take 3 points and a clean sheet. I think that in itself speaks volumes. What is for sure though is that Carson is at the heart of the clean sheets. Taking control of his penalty area and shouting at his defenders. He’s a class act. 

He's the best since Rab's second spell for me.

His reflexes are outstanding. The save he pulled off today was world class.

He does have an odd brain fart every so often. For example, Lamie clearly kneed the ball back to him and Carson volleyed it out the park for no reason. He definitely has a rush of blood to the head sometimes and goes a bit a mad.

They do say that all goalkeepers are mad though and I was jealous as hell when United signed him and delighted when they mucked that one up. 

He secured the 3 points today.

Legzdins wouldn't have saved that Portales effort today but to give him a bit of credit too, I found it wild that our subbie keeper is considerably better than what Livi have as their first or second choice after being in the top flight for nigh on a decade.

2 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Maybe something to do with Wednesday. Maybe something to do with a different starting eleven every other match, I’m not sure. However, it’s been a long time since we’ve played as poorly as today (first half mainly) and still been able to take 3 points and a clean sheet. I think that in itself speaks volumes. What is for sure though is that Carson is at the heart of the clean sheets. Taking control of his penalty area and shouting at his defenders. He’s a class act. 

I have always said that the backbone of any team is a keeping who can take control of his penalty area and command his back line. Every penny worth spent on his transfer fee.

Hopefully now we can get the midfield and forwards fixed come the January transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's the best since Rab's second spell for me.

His reflexes are outstanding. The save he pulled off today was world class.

He does have an odd brain fart every so often. For example, Lamie clearly kneed the ball back to him and Carson volleyed it out the park for no reason. He definitely has a rush of blood to the head sometimes and goes a bit a mad.

They do say that all goalkeepers are mad though and I was jealous as hell when United signed him and delighted when they mucked that one up. 

He secured the 3 points today.

Legzdins wouldn't have saved that Portales effort today but to give him a bit of credit too, I found it wild that our subbie keeper is considerably better than what Livi have as their first or second choice after being in the top flight for nigh on a decade.

I thought Lamie’s knee pass was a hellish passback, it put Carson under a bit of pressure and I was happy to see him put his foot right through the ball. 

1 minute ago, DFC1974 said:

I thought Lamie’s knee pass was a hellish passback, it put Carson under a bit of pressure and I was happy to see him put his foot right through the ball. 

Will need to see it again but I thought it was perfect to just grab at the time.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Will need to see it again but I thought it was perfect to just grab at the time.

Ah I see what you mean. I thought a knee would still count as a passback so Carson couldn’t pick it up. If by kneeing the ball back to keeper means he could catch it, then you’re absolutely correct. 

Adblock Detected