Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

No place for Trevor Carson in the N Ireland side.

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Carson is on the old side, hasn't performed particularly great for Northern Ireland and isn't as highly hyped as some of their other keepers. For instance, in his last game for the National side, a 2-2 draw against Cyprus, whilst not being at fault for either goal he didn't look exactly amazing either:

The three current keepers are:

Conor Hazard - 25 years old, playing in the English Championship and been highly rated all his career even if he doesn't produce the goods deserving the hype all the time. He's recently been dropped by Plymouth but still, Championship is considered a higher pedigree unfortunately.

Luke Southwood - 24 year old, Cheltenham's number 1 in League One after getting regular games for Reading in the Championship last season.

Bailey Peacock-Farrell - 27, but NI's undisputed number 1. Burnley signed him back in 2019 for £2.5million.

I'd argue that Carson is easily better than the first two but at 36, only having 8 caps (Hazard has 5 in comparison so just as experienced at that level) and his last stint in English football being half a season in League One for Morecambe and before that being relegated from League 2 with Hartlepool, I can understand why they're not bringing him along with the squad.

To put it into context, the last time Carson played for his national side, Hazard & Peacock-Farrell were both injured and he was selected ahead of that Luke Southwood with a Celtic B team keeper who's only regular football has been in the Lowland League (and 1 solitary emergency loan appearance for Airdrie) that all came months after his call-up then I'd suggest that Carson is done at national level.

If Peacock-Farrell and Hazard are both injured, I'd expect him to be the number 1 but not called up otherwise.

39 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Says on Twitter he won’t play untill he receives an apology from Alan Mannus. Dunno what happened 

Don't know anything about that...

But as his name has been mentioned, could someone tell me...

Did Trevor Carson ever say he disnae like, or disnae do training?

It's daft question & I'm maybe going daft. But I'm sure I read this.

Think I'm concerned aboot my sanity & current peace of mind :wacko:

5 minutes ago, gedee said:

Don't know anything about that...

But as his name has been mentioned, could someone tell me...

Did Trevor Carson ever say he disnae like, or disnae do training?

It's daft question & I'm maybe going daft. But I'm sure I read this.

Think I'm concerned aboot my sanity & current peace of mind :wacko:

He had an arrangement at either St Mirren or Motherwell where he didn't train every day in order to allow him to see his daughter who lives in NE England.

Unsure if he has any such agreement with Dundee...

56 minutes ago, Cavorter said:

He had an arrangement at either St Mirren or Motherwell where he didn't train every day in order to allow him to see his daughter who lives in NE England.

He's said in an interview that the plan was to move his family up here shortly after he signed but until that was sorted he'd still be travelling.

12 hours ago, Cavorter said:

Thank you Cavorter (appreciate your response)...It was one o' thon things eh couldnae get oot meh heid :chin:

Probably an age thing. but I was becoming obsessed with the idea, another thing I might have just imagined.

My inner voices which no only help get me through the day, but help keep me on track have lost their way ;)

Adblock Detected