Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Tony Docherty

TheDarkBlues

When he was given the job, I was very sceptical and worried because he was another untried manager at this level.

However, those years of experience as a number two have paid off well for him, and he is now starting to look a manager in his own right and is doing better than many of us predicted.

I don't want to jinx anything here, but I feel that we have the real deal and someone who knows what he is doing and will only get better as he is given a chance to build his own team.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Tisinthepark. said:

Agree with that, I’m really happy with what he’s done and how he goes about it. 
I would like a few of the loan guys signed up if possible so we are not starting from scratch (ish) again next season, plenty time for that though I suppose. 

I think Beck would be out of our reach, but there are a few of them who might be possibilities come the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I think Beck would be out of our reach, but there are a few of them who might be possibilities come the end of the season.

I imagine Beck will be destined for much, much higher things than us tbh.  We were chatting at the game today about when we had a better LB than Beck.  Different game now of course but I go back to Houston and Biffo and more recently Matt Lockwood.  Beck is quality though.

Said consistently that I liked Tony Docherty and that I thought he'd do well for us. He's got something about him and is a thoroughly decent bloke who players will want to do well for. I think he's got that wee man management thing that gets the best out of people. Met him once or twice and he's just very likeable.

Glad for him that he's doing well but mostly for us as we deserve a little taste of something that's even remotely successful after what we've endured for what seems like too long. 

3 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I imagine Beck will be destined for much, much higher things than us tbh.  We were chatting at the game today about when we had a better LB than Beck.  Different game now of course but I go back to Houston and Biffo and more recently Matt Lockwood.  Beck is quality though.

Lockwood was a class act.

2 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

He certainly was, his legs were gone though by the time we got promoted (by default) so was a bit unfair to see him struggle against the younger players in the prem.

Lockwood of a few years earlier would have strolled it.

Agreed, I think it was just one year and one league too many for him.

Brilliant player min his day and we were fortunate to have him play for us.

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

When he was given the job, I was very sceptical and worried because he was another untried manager at this level.

However, those years of experience as a number two have paid off well for him, and he is now starting to look a manager in his own right and is doing better than many of us predicted.

I don't want to jinx anything here, but I feel that we have the real deal and someone who knows what he is doing and will only get better as he is given a chance to build his own team.

Unusually for me in recent years, I was the Opposite TDB. Folk I know in high places at Aberdeen FC said he was a big part of what success McInnes had, was influential on the coaching side and was very well respected in the changing room and throughout the club. Surprised he didn't go it alone sooner, loyalty I guess, a rare thing in football. Thankfully we were in the right place at the right time.   

Adblock Detected