Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Zak Rudden & Partnerships

Ludo*1

Enough has been said about Rudden's weaknesses so I won't go over old ground. The past couple of games he's been well worth his spell in the team. Running himself into the ground and beginning to partner up well with Bakayoko points to a promising duo even if they're not necessarily the best strikers we've ever had individually.

Robinson getting on the score sheet today can only be massive for his apparent low confidence and he'll hopefully be gearing up to put Rudden and Bakayoko under severe pressure for their spot in the team.

Funny old game football as that position looks much more secure than it did a week ago.

Well done to all three! Brilliant performances from the two starters and a great cameo from Robinson.

The hatchet man Alex Gogic couldn't get near Bakayoko. He can be a bit of a skillful unit when he wants to be! I'd argue that his turn to send Luke McCowan through to set up Robinson was a better piece of play than either of his goals! 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Enough has been said about Rudden's weaknesses so I won't go over old ground. The past couple of games he's been well worth his spell in the team. Running himself into the ground and beginning to partner up well with Bakayoko points to a promising duo even if they're not necessarily the best strikers we've ever had individually.

Robinson getting on the score sheet today can only be massive for his apparent low confidence and he'll hopefully be gearing up to put Rudden and Bakayoko under severe pressure for their spot in the team.

Funny old game football as that position looks much more secure than it did a week ago.

Well done to all three! Brilliant performances from the two starters and a great cameo from Robinson.

The hatchet man Alex Gogic couldn't get near Bakayoko. He can be a bit of a skillful unit when he wants to be! I'd argue that his turn to send Luke McCowan through to set up Robinson was a better piece of play than either of his goals! 

Never been Ruddens biggest fan, but if he continues to work his balls off the way he is, then that can hide a multitude of sins, deserves his standing ovation, must give him tons of confidence.

I like Bakayoko, he has his moments when he looks like he can’t be bothered, but when he’s on it, he is a total handful.

Rudden had his best game in dark blue. Constant work rate and forcing mistakes out their defenders. Done well at the 3rd. I bet you he does exactly what the Doc asks from him every week hence him starting. He needs to take his chances but hopefully today gives him the confidence to do so 

Shearer and Lineker on their podcast very often talk about strikers missing chances and often say that when players have these particularly bad highlight reels, it's actually indicative of someone who has a lot of potential to do well as the skill of getting those sorts of opportunities is obviously there.

I kind of think that with Rudden. The chance he made early on in the game was from being rapid and just seeing an opportunity that maybe wasnt that obvious. It's not a situation I could see any of our other attackers or many others in the league getting into.

If he keeps up at it and he finds even a slight killer instinct and starts putting a fraction of these away then his goal count won't look too shabby.

The commentator on Saturday's game said Bakayoko's 2nd was his '3rd of the season'. 

I went and had a look and it turns out he hasn't been credited with the goal at St Johnstone 🤨 Opta gave it to Tiffoney. 

He's been a bit unfortunate - he should really be on 5 given the goal at Livi that was never offside and Tiffoney almost certainly never touch the one at Saints. 

On 11/11/2023 at 20:05, Ludo*1 said:

Have backed Rudden and will continue to do so. It's that underdog thing where you're just willing them to keep swimming against ever increasing tides. Did similar with Jack Hamilton and Big Moussa although both (initially) did me up like a kipper before Hamilton reappeared in the Premiership at Livingston, albeit bottom of the table Livingston. Moussa, I'm informed, has had a remarkable career transformation with the Tunisian version of Lidl naming him as shelf stacker of the week a few weeks ago. I knew he had something about him.

Go on yersel big man.😁

On 11/11/2023 at 22:34, Mary said:

Playing him upfront on his own just didn't work, he would win the ball but there was never anyone near enough to pass to. Works well partnered up, as was proved today. 

Totally agree Mary. I think he does his best stuff when he picks up space out wide. It doesn't always work out for him but he's a trier

On 11/11/2023 at 20:05, Ludo*1 said:

Good post this and i pretty much agree with all of that . 

I've been very quick to highlight Rudden's short comings and for me they are still very much there and if we are to progress we do require better .

Credit where its due though , the lad gave his all again on Saturday and ultimately that's all you ask of any player .

I think , until we find a better option, that the Rudden/ Bakayoko partnership will now be the go to pairing most weeks .

I think Robinson is a better footballer than Rudden and Rudden doesn't score ,what for me was a very classy goal , that Robinson did on Saturday by coolly dinking it over the on rushing keeper .

Its all about balance of the team though and with Bakayoko clearly the first choice striker you then  need someone who will run the channels and close down which isn't Robinsons strong point . 

Both Bakayoko and Robinson like to play with back to goal , be the focal point and bring the ball in so until the big man gets injured , suspended , has a drop in form or is recalled to his parent club , then id say , as good as he is , Robinson will have to bide his time 

When a Club/Manager are on a Limited Buget, there obviously has to be a great deal of thought & care, as to how to spend money.

This season (at least up to this point) it looks like we might have surpassed ourselves...And it now appears at last there is a strong connection, beetween BOD, Manager, Players (& most fans & supporters)  And it's this honesty, faith, belief, and hard work, that is bringing out the best (imo) in players on the field. As individuals & as a Team...Us Dundee Fans are loving it

Jings, eh'm still glowing after DFC's demolishing-job on Saints :wub:

So what has this to do with Zak Rudden? Dundee neeed players, that can go that extra mile (physically & mentally)

Leading by example is always the best way (again imo) Zak has proven he has the energy & fitness to do just that.

His calmness leading up to taking the penalty, showed for me, he has right temprement too & more goals to come.

His willingness to be in amongst it, is not only great asset to DFC... Opposition knows he has to be aye watched :ph34r:

He's not of course the only one in present Dundee Team that needs "Special Watching!   We're moving on  fine:chaplin:

C'mon DFC. Have restful break. Be prepared to get back to business Good for the Club, Manager, Players, Fans :excited:

On 11/11/2023 at 20:18, Mr Sensible said:

Never been Ruddens biggest fan, but if he continues to work his balls off the way he is, then that can hide a multitude of sins, deserves his standing ovation, must give him tons of confidence.

I like Bakayoko, he has his moments when he looks like he can’t be bothered, but when he’s on it, he is a total handful.

Rudden's driving forward was very effective and got them on the backfoot, and away from our half. If he keeps doing that, he will do OK.

Adblock Detected