Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Brilliant interview.

offshoredee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Met Bill Colvin on one occasion and thoroughly enjoyable an occasional it was too.

I received a message to say I'd won top prize in a competition I'd entered on a Dundee supporters form. Tbh I'd entered to help raise funds for the club rather than with any thoughts of actually winning. 

I turned down the prize (hospo, signed strip, directors box) and asked for it to be auctioned or resold to raise a wee bit more dosh. Bill heard about it and at the next home game he asked for a message to be put out over the tannoy asking for me to come down to the pitch but I was in the toilet and never heard it.

Received a phone call that night. At the next home game I was to present myself and the rest of the squad at the front door where Bill would meet us. We ended up in the boardroom where I was presented with a signed shirt, had a beer or 2 with Bill and then the kids were taken to meet the players where they had photographs taken and autographs signed.

Bill went out of his way to ensure that we had a good time, especially the kids. Very, very decent of him.

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Met Bill Colvin on one occasion and thoroughly enjoyable an occasional it was too.

I received a message to say I'd won top prize in a competition I'd entered on a Dundee supporters form. Tbh I'd entered to help raise funds for the club rather than with any thoughts of actually winning. 

I turned down the prize (hospo, signed strip, directors box) and asked for it to be auctioned or resold to raise a wee bit more dosh. Bill heard about it and at the next home game he asked for a message to be put out over the tannoy asking for me to come down to the pitch but I was in the toilet and never heard it.

Received a phone call that night. At the next home game I was to present myself and the rest of the squad at the front door where Bill would meet us. We ended up in the boardroom where I was presented with a signed shirt, had a beer or 2 with Bill and then the kids were taken to meet the players where they had photographs taken and autographs signed.

Bill went out of his way to ensure that we had a good time, especially the kids. Very, very decent of him.

Never met the Man Rev...But based on the comments & memories during his time with DFC & various stories around his short time at Dens (as well as before and after that period) it's good to hear, yours/others experience, showing he was everything I/we, hoped he would be...And it's a joy to hear/read, positive news about Dundee (generally) But especially on DBF.

As said "Briliant Intervew" which refected his modesty. As well as his and family's, love for Club & Fans :wub:

23 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I'll need to pay my subs for the year. Hopefully as many as possible do the same. 

I met Bill once and he was a lovely fella. 

Just renewed mine and young lads. While I still don’t hold out hope for the numbers we once had, we need to keep the membership strong. 

Adblock Detected