Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ricki Lamie

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

He can’t play this wkend against well. 

10 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Can he play this Saturday? He is still a Motherwell player. He didnt play in Dens game v Well but I cannot remember if he was signed by then.

No he can’t play this wkend and I think we will miss him. 

Id like on a permanent contract though. 

I've never rated him previously and was glad when the PCA fell through but he's been part of an impressive defence this season and fair made me eat my words. Of our back 3 though, he's the one that I'd be looking to upgrade on for next season. Shaughnessy is one of the first names on the team sheet for me and bar an iffy game last weekend against Hibs, I think Portales has just been going from strength to strength.

In a ruthless world, if we could get Ashcroft off the books, I'd be happy for Lamie to sign up as a rotational option for next season but otherwise it'd be one of my areas that I'd want us to strengthen out with the obvious priorities of striker and RB right now.

Lamie now  arguably the pick of the back 3, Shaunessy started the best, but has faded slightly from that form, whilst Portales has exceeded everyone’s expectations still has eyebrow raising moments, definitely slows the game up…….

Lamie being left footed will always be in demand, gives us good balance, Donnelly will come In Saturday and it’s up to him to put a marker down.

Definitely a one year contract should be offered, but knowing us it will be 2/3 years.

3 hours ago, Parcbara said:

I think the back three of Prrtales, Shaughnessy and Lamie, with Carson behind them has tightned us up no end. Always room for improvement, but so far, so good. Wouldn't be distraught if we signed him.

Agree with this, they all appear to work for each other and keep it tight. Lamie also shows a threat in the air.

Portales with the ball at his feet is not that great, turns back inside and plays the square pass all the time. I like his aggression in the tackle and closing down, second half against Livi he was excellent.

long throw Joe probably been POY to date from what I’ve seen. 

Portales can pass the ball well and had a couple of great switches to Beck vs Hibs. He can break forward too which gives us another option. His main weakness is in the air but he's a real competitor. 

Lamie's main strength is in the air and he has a decent enough pass into midfield. He's an upgrade on Ashcroft who I'd put on loan to Raith who are short of defenders.

Adblock Detected