The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Derrygunner

Scotland

Rate this topic

Watching the brilliant scenes in Wales last night after beating Belgium meaning they're almost in France has me longing for that feeling in a few months hopefully! C'mon Scotland beat the paddys the night and we can maybe start to dream of a Scottish night in Paris once again. My first memory of football was France 98, our last time at a major, was only 6 but mind it like yesterday! Long way to go yet but c'mon tae feck let's do it iy!!

C'mon Scotia!!! A win tonight would go a long way to seeing us qualify!

Looking forward to the game tonight. My money is on a draw but would love it if we could sneak a win.

Cmon Scotland. :)

It's going to be very interesting to see what team Strachan puts out.  Two closely matched teams from what I can see.

I always worry about Hutton in defence and who will be in the centre of defence and our lone striker.

Mulgrew is class imo and must play.  Brown and Fletcher as holding mids and Griffiths instead of Steven Fletcher for me.  Not going to happen like that though.

One of my earliest football memories is watching Scotland beat New Zealand 5-2 at the World Cup. Back then getting to major championships was expected. Can't believe that's near 20 years since we made one.

Great chance to qualify this time with two going through and one into the play-offs but once again we find ourselves up against it in one of the toughest groups. The world champions will win the group and both the Poles and Irish are strong. I think we need to get a result tonight.

Yeah definitely agreed, a win tonight almost kills Ireland off, not quite but with everybody else having to play Gibraltar then it'd be difficult for them to come back from that so a win would go a long way tonight. Pity it is so tight at the top with Germany and Poland being strong, gonna be an interesting few months ahead especially if we win tonight! C'mon!

We have a great chance Cobra but any way you look at it and with whatever personnel, our defence is poor.

I remember the 1974, 1978 and 1982 WC's and we had quality squads at all of those tournaments.  Not the case now.

I fear that our team line up is too easy to predict these days and some of our more quality players and match winners will be on the bench.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster and would still have us as favourites for third IMO, a win would all but see us guaranteed third though (maybe even second if we can beat Poland at Hampden).

mon the dark blues!!!

Fozzy starting ahead of Robertson..

surprised anya not starting

Excited and nervous aboot this gemme....... "C'mon SCOTLAND"

Fozzy starting ahead of Robertson..

Last week we were told that Robertson is worth £30m. I'm not convinced. 

Typical. 1-0 down thanks to all the officials missing a blatant offside. Handball as well. Ffs.

That filthy turncoat McCarthy should have had a red. 

Officials will make mistakes.  International players should be able to defend corners better than this.  Amateurish.