Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Outside of the Old Firm

Frank Grimes

Before the match on Saturday, I heard Tom English going on about how easy it is to get 3rd in the top flight and how the points total of the 3rd place team will likely be very low this year.

Not saying that we should be targetting 3rd (though I think top 6 is not unrealistic), but I did a bit of research. The OF are obviously miles ahead of the rest but of the 57 games not involving Rangers and Celtic, here's what's happened.

20 draws.

23 settled by one goal

11 settled by 2 goals (wins for Hibs x3 Killie x2, Hearts x2, Dundee, Livi, Aberdeen, Hearts, Ross County)

0 settled by three goals.

4 settled by 4 goals (wins for Dundee, St Mirren and Aberdeen)

Point being, there is very, very little between of any of the 10 teams beneath the ugly sisters. Our record is P12 W4 D6 L2 F18 A12  Pts 18.

None of the other teams have lost less and I think we all know that we really should have even more points than we do. I think that if we get 4 points against Ross County and Aberdeen before Christmas, you will see expectations shift across the Dee support and top 6 will seem doable. Which will make everyone a bit moanier when we draw with the likes of Livi. Hurray!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Interesting Post Frank...So I hope it develops into a guid discussion & a healthy exchange of views/opinions.

A strange business talking aboot the "Auld Firm" Although I think it's generally accepted we a' Hate their Guts :lol2:

St J. v Celtic reminded me again of this dilemma. St J (as possible rivals) I didnae want to see them win/draw.

And wi' that in mind, I wanted  Celtic Win. And it's just the same. if Rangers are playing any of our competitors.

At the moment DFC are in a happy/heathy position in Premiership. It might be, there's even better times ahead.

That makes your opening post, even more interesting. Although I'm still holding the view. Just avoid relegation.

Dundee have done well to date this Season (Thanks to Club, Manager, Players, Fans) So a Huge Well Done:chaplin:

I think seasons like this where the next 'big 3' are not having great seasons is our best chance at making Europe. Maybe worth showing a bit of ambition and pushing the boat out for another striker and RWB in January. 4th and maybe even 5th would bring European football which I think is doable if we're still in a decent position after the Saints game. 

I saying that, I would still be happy with 10th 😂

1 hour ago, an-dee said:

I think seasons like this where the next 'big 3' are not having great seasons is our best chance at making Europe. Maybe worth showing a bit of ambition and pushing the boat out for another striker and RWB in January. 4th and maybe even 5th would bring European football which I think is doable if we're still in a decent position after the Saints game. 

I saying that, I would still be happy with 10th 😂

Agree on both points an-dee...

This season (even at this stage) I'm feeling more relaxed, knowing we're up to now, well away fae the danger zone:chaplin:

12 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Probably like most of us, the goal was survival and we are on course for that although I'm still looking downwards as much as upwards!  I don't think top 6 is a big ask based on how things are panning out so far but let's see where we are come end of the year.

Another 2 away games on the bounce coming up-we will know our place better after them-both the games we have thrown points away were away from Dens.

Adblock Detected