Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Worried!

Gowrie Dee 1962

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If we are 3 points above 10th with games in hand after 15 games, then we should be 7/8 clear by the end of the season.

Are we in a relegation battle? Of course, but that was always going to be the case.

We are in a league of 5 in my opinion, County, Saints, Motherwell and Livi…..

Two of those teams in my opinion, are far worse than us,  Saints and Livi.

We will be ok, but it won’t be easy, and the early talk of Europe etc was just absolute nonsense.

Big game Sat, but looking at the fixtures before the break, we have to be taking at least 6 points from those 5 games, but hopefully nearer 8.

9 hours ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

Despite having a great season looked at table tonight only 3 points of playoff?!

Comment?

The football we are playing is far better this season, more attack minded, particularly on the left with Beck although McGhee is still passing backward/sideways which is a negative. Need someone else to replace him in the starting line up, Mulligan perhaps.

Some sore points dropped in our drawn games, if you win 1 in 3 games you'll be safe in this league - we need to start hitting that. 

We don't have a deep squad so important to keep boys fit, particularly Beck, McCowan and Cameron. They have a positive influence on our game that brings out the best in the rest of the team.

There's a long way to go however, i've never seen a team this good get relegated.  

We'll be in the pack for the majority and we'll have worse spells of form than we are currently! We'd probably say we're having an iffy spell in comparison to the standards we've set so far this season. Our recent form isn't great but it's still nowhere near the bottom teams over the last 6:

We'll have a dip in form - and this might be the current time for it - probably the best time in a season to have it just before the January window but every club outwith the top 3 or 4 will have spells of 6-7 games without a win. That's just the nature of this league.

We look bloody brilliant some weeks and competent mostly every week and should have more points than we do. I'll take that rather than looking hopeless and lucky to have as many points as we do which could have been labelled at us in the past.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We'll be in the pack for the majority and we'll have worse spells of form than we are currently! We'd probably say we're having an iffy spell in comparison to the standards we've set so far this season. Our recent form isn't great but it's still nowhere near the bottom teams over the last 6:

We'll have a dip in form - and this might be the current time for it - probably the best time in a season to have it just before the January window but every club outwith the top 3 or 4 will have spells of 6-7 games without a win. That's just the nature of this league.

We look bloody brilliant some weeks and competent mostly every week and should have more points than we do. I'll take that rather than looking hopeless and lucky to have as many points as we do which could have been labelled at us in the past.

Plenty football to be played, like many I am hopeful that we will see some players go out on loan, and a couple of decent addition's in January. However we have to be happy how we have played to date, and we should have had 6 additional points with the games we gave away for draws. Its a good season so far! 

4 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

If we are 3 points above 10th with games in hand after 15 games, then we should be 7/8 clear by the end of the season.

Are we in a relegation battle? Of course, but that was always going to be the case.

We are in a league of 5 in my opinion, County, Saints, Motherwell and Livi…..

Two of those teams in my opinion, are far worse than us,  Saints and Livi.

We will be ok, but it won’t be easy, and the early talk of Europe etc was just absolute nonsense.

Big game Sat, but looking at the fixtures before the break, we have to be taking at least 6 points from those 5 games, but hopefully nearer 8.

Spot on.  I'm a lot less worried about how other teams are doing and more so about how we are doing and the points we are picking up.  History tells us that we need to aim for a minimum number of points (38ish??) by the end of the season to survive.  What other teams around us do each week is less of a worry.  They have the same target.  If we don't achieve a point a game chances are we will be bottom two

The top six and bottom six will split along the usual lines I would guess but as long as we can continue to pick up points and average just over a point a game (plus a bit of comfort) from here on in then we will be OK.  A minimum 25 points or so after the second round of games (22 games) will see us alright.  Hopefully, we get a bit more to ease the nerves like you say.

Adblock Detected