Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Bowyer in for the Queen's Park job

Ludo*1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Indeed said:

I hope no one in the Queen's Park team has a falling out with Bowyer if he gets the job.

Byrne could tell us more.

Isn't that the same with the vast, vast majority of managers?

If you cross the manager, you're done. Just look at how many players Arteta has cut off at Arsenal or Alex Ferguson did at Man United over the years.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Isn't that the same with the vast, vast majority of managers?

If you cross the manager, you're done. Just look at how many players Arteta has cut off at Arsenal or Alex Ferguson did at Man United over the years.

Doesn't make it ok though. You could argue it reflects on the manager's poor man-management or lack of patience. To cut someone out almost entirety went against logic and I believe,  the majority of Dee fans. Ask Raith. Byrne was given a chance by Murray not afforded by Bowyer. We'll see what happens in January.

26 minutes ago, Indeed said:

Doesn't make it ok though. You could argue it reflects on the manager's poor man-management or lack of patience. To cut someone out almost entirety went against logic and I believe,  the majority of Dee fans. Ask Raith. Byrne was given a chance by Murray not afforded by Bowyer. We'll see what happens in January.

He had a few months where he was out with various knocks (which he's been unlucky with a lot in the 2nd half of his career) in total through different parts of the season and during the run in, come on a few times to see games out.

We had a lot of competition in that position & he was a high earner who was coming back with major fitness issues, it doesn't seem like he was ever really frozen out when he wasn't struggling.

That appearance against Raith away at the start of January was pretty car crash and he was absolutely miles off it and very clearly playing not quite right and struggling to cover ground.

I think the simplest explanation is that he's started a season as a fairly high earner when money is tight then had a very stop start time with injuries & just not been able to get himself back into the starting 11 timely enough for his liking and gotten a bit disillusioned with it. I think the idea that Bowyer has had some particular personal vendetta against him is pretty absurd tbh.

Maybe he was fit enough to play a part in some situations and do well but I do think people have very selective memories about his level of performance and kind of gloss over these issues and jump to conspiracy over him fairly easily. IMO with the nature of stories about him since week 1 at Dens (beating English Championship sides, Hearts & Hibs to his signature apparently then top flight teams queuing up for him in January), I think it's very likely that his agents have been fairly active in promoting him and put out this narrative.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

He had a few months where he was out with various knocks (which he's been unlucky with a lot in the 2nd half of his career) in total through different parts of the season and during the run in, come on a few times to see games out.

We had a lot of competition in that position & he was a high earner who was coming back with major fitness issues, it doesn't seem like he was ever really frozen out when he wasn't struggling.

That appearance against Raith away at the start of January was pretty car crash and he was absolutely miles off it and very clearly playing not quite right and struggling to cover ground.

I think the simplest explanation is that he's started a season as a fairly high earner when money is tight then had a very stop start time with injuries & just not been able to get himself back into the starting 11 timely enough for his liking and gotten a bit disillusioned with it. I think the idea that Bowyer has had some particular personal vendetta against him is pretty absurd tbh.

Maybe he was fit enough to play a part in some situations and do well but I do think people have very selective memories about his level of performance and kind of gloss over these issues and jump to conspiracy over him fairly easily. IMO with the nature of stories about him since week 1 at Dens (beating English Championship sides, Hearts & Hibs to his signature apparently then top flight teams queuing up for him in January), I think it's very likely that his agents have been fairly active in promoting him and put out this narrative.

A matter of personal opinion and not just mine.

As for selective memory? Can't remember that !

• 2 weeks later...

I like GB although I'm doubtful that he would have done as good a job as the Doc has done this season. I believe it was right for us to replace him but he'll be fondly remembered for delivering the league title albeit on the last day instead of a couple of weeks earlier. 

I wish him well at QP if he gets the job.

15 minutes ago, Billy Pirie said:

I like GB although I'm doubtful that he would have done as good a job as the Doc has done this season. I believe it was right for us to replace him but he'll be fondly remembered for delivering the league title albeit on the last day instead of a couple of weeks earlier. 

Agree with every word of your post Billy.

Whatever happened DFC has Right Man.

But wid love to see, GB back in Scotland.

So if info. is right, wish him well with QP.

56 minutes ago, Billy Pirie said:

I disagree slightly - I thought Bowyer did a good job with his hands tied behind his back and would have liked to see what he could do in the top flight. I think it's hard to say he'd have did as good a job as Docherty as he's pretty much performed above any reasonable expectations! Therefore, I don't credit the board with bulleting Bowyer but have to give them a massive kudos for who they hired as his replacement.

Put it this way, in a perfect world, if Docherty left tomorrow, I'd be delighted to appoint Bowyer again although for obvious reasons that'd never occur.

Adblock Detected