Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season 18/19

Frank Grimes

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
54 minutes ago, FanDee said:

Stuff of nightmares that season, knock on was pep McPake taking over and years of absolute dross. Thankfully now it looks like we have a proper manager and team, just hope the Dandy Dons dont punt Wee Barry and go for The Doc.

Was thinking about this myself. Decided that I can't see it happening because as good an appointment as I think he'd be for Aberdeen, I just don't think the optics of them binning McInnes because they wanted a better brand of football but with the same results they were getting under him then 5 or so year of managerial failure after failure then going crawling to McInnes assistant.

Their fans would go mental. They'll need to go for a 'name' next I reckon.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was thinking about this myself. Decided that I can't see it happening because as good an appointment as I think he'd be for Aberdeen, I just don't think the optics of them binning McInnes because they wanted a better brand of football but with the same results they were getting under him then 5 or so year of managerial failure after failure then going crawling to McInnes assistant.

Their fans would go mental. They'll need to go for a 'name' next I reckon.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

I see it similarly.

I think they appointed Robson because he probably earned the right to fail but I doubt they'd have appointed him from a list of applicants despite whatever they say.  They've made a couple of 'dubious' appointments now (Glass and Robson) and I expect they'll raise the bar for the next one.

Regardless, if the worst comes to the worst, I'd like to think we'd be in a much better position to appoint a higher-calibre manager than in the recent past.  

26 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I see it similarly.

I think they appointed Robson because he probably earned the right to fail but I doubt they'd have appointed him from a list of applicants despite whatever they say.  They've made a couple of 'dubious' appointments now (Glass and Robson) and I expect they'll raise the bar for the next one.

Regardless, if the worst comes to the worst, I'd like to think we'd be in a much better position to appoint a higher-calibre manager than in the recent past.  

Heard Gary Bowyer said he was open to returning to work in Scotland. 😂

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Heard Gary Bowyer said he was open to returning to work in Scotland. 😂

I'm still on the fence about his time at Dens.  Who knows what constraints he was working under but he did get us over the line, but only just. I very much doubt the Dons would be looking at him. 

11 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yesterday's win means we have equalled our points tally of 5 years ago...

... with 22 games remaining. 

We don't take enough time to talk about how bad that season was. A truly remarkable accomplishment. 

Hopefully we pick up at least one more point in the remaining 22 games or it isn't 

😀

2 hours ago, an-dee said:

Think we'll need around 40 to avoid 11th. More than half way there!

I am not sure an-dee (& others) I am clever enough to put an actual figure on it.

But for now (& certainly end of season) just stay well awa fae the play-offs area.

Adblock Detected