Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season 18/19


Frank Grimes

Recommended Posts

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
54 minutes ago, FanDee said:

Stuff of nightmares that season, knock on was pep McPake taking over and years of absolute dross. Thankfully now it looks like we have a proper manager and team, just hope the Dandy Dons dont punt Wee Barry and go for The Doc.

Was thinking about this myself. Decided that I can't see it happening because as good an appointment as I think he'd be for Aberdeen, I just don't think the optics of them binning McInnes because they wanted a better brand of football but with the same results they were getting under him then 5 or so year of managerial failure after failure then going crawling to McInnes assistant.

Their fans would go mental. They'll need to go for a 'name' next I reckon.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was thinking about this myself. Decided that I can't see it happening because as good an appointment as I think he'd be for Aberdeen, I just don't think the optics of them binning McInnes because they wanted a better brand of football but with the same results they were getting under him then 5 or so year of managerial failure after failure then going crawling to McInnes assistant.

Their fans would go mental. They'll need to go for a 'name' next I reckon.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

I see it similarly.

I think they appointed Robson because he probably earned the right to fail but I doubt they'd have appointed him from a list of applicants despite whatever they say.  They've made a couple of 'dubious' appointments now (Glass and Robson) and I expect they'll raise the bar for the next one.

Regardless, if the worst comes to the worst, I'd like to think we'd be in a much better position to appoint a higher-calibre manager than in the recent past.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I see it similarly.

I think they appointed Robson because he probably earned the right to fail but I doubt they'd have appointed him from a list of applicants despite whatever they say.  They've made a couple of 'dubious' appointments now (Glass and Robson) and I expect they'll raise the bar for the next one.

Regardless, if the worst comes to the worst, I'd like to think we'd be in a much better position to appoint a higher-calibre manager than in the recent past.  

Heard Gary Bowyer said he was open to returning to work in Scotland. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Heard Gary Bowyer said he was open to returning to work in Scotland. 😂

I'm still on the fence about his time at Dens.  Who knows what constraints he was working under but he did get us over the line, but only just. I very much doubt the Dons would be looking at him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yesterday's win means we have equalled our points tally of 5 years ago...

 

... with 22 games remaining. 

We don't take enough time to talk about how bad that season was. A truly remarkable accomplishment. 

Hopefully we pick up at least one more point in the remaining 22 games or it isn't 

😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, an-dee said:

Think we'll need around 40 to avoid 11th. More than half way there!

I am not sure an-dee (& others) I am clever enough to put an actual figure on it.

But for now (& certainly end of season) just stay well awa fae the play-offs area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


×
×
  • Create New...