Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Xmas day at Muirton 1970s

jojo gunn

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Was there, Aug 1980. Plenty trouble there as well, lost to an Ally McCoist goal, his first league goal. I was sleeping on the grass behind the goal, was so drunk. Opposite the ice rink end. It was a hot sunny day. 

Nae wonder Super Ally scored - our keeper was lying pished behind the goal!

The last xmas day fixture played by Dundee was a 0-0 draw at Muirton in 1971.  The next festive fixture between us and the fermers was the 4-3 loss at Dens which I was at (arggghh) on 2nd Jan 1977 ... we ended up 3rd that season if we had drawn 3-3 we would have been promoted.

6 hours ago, surreydee said:

The last xmas day fixture played by Dundee was a 0-0 draw at Muirton in 1971.  The next festive fixture between us and the fermers was the 4-3 loss at Dens which I was at (arggghh) on 2nd Jan 1977 ... we ended up 3rd that season if we had drawn 3-3 we would have been promoted.

Cheers I stand corrected remember it was 0-0 but thought it was later than 71

12 hours ago, surreydee said:

Was there, went to Morton for last game. We had to better Hearts result to go up. We came from behind to beat Morton. Hearts were beating Arbroath 1-0 at Gayfield but a rumour went about Arbroath equalised in the last minute, which would have saw us go up. It was false, we were all seek. It was a long journey home that night in 1978. 

Adblock Detected