Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

......And The Moral of The Story Is ..........

gedee

Think twice, before going up a Ladder , when you are mair than 70 years Auld !!

Yesterday, eh went up on the roof o' one o' meh sheds to replace the roof felt.....And fell aff !!

On meh way doon, eh managed to cushion  the force o the fall....... Wi' banging meh haid on the way doon !!

However, the tap o meh leg got stuck into the sharp bit o the ladder (further cushioning fall) Taking oot a big lump o' flesh !!

The consequence of this was .....Broken glesses. Lump on meh heid. Half finished shed. Hospital treatment for serious wound injury.

I'm telling you this , no for sympathy (That's a lie) But so you can tell me the daft things you have attempted. And it might mak me feel better.

Oh aye, And how is it in these Cowboy, Sojer, and  Gangster Picters, when the hero gets stabbed or shot, they jist cerry on as usual, and say "It's only a flesh woond"....... Yet when eh fell aff a ledder, eh wis nearly greeting and got rushed tae hospital :(

And eh thought eh wis Macho Man :)

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Think twice, before going up a Ladder , when you are mair than 70 years Auld !!

Yesterday, eh went up on the roof o' one o' meh sheds to replace the roof felt.....And fell aff !!

On meh way doon, eh managed to cushion the force o the fall....... Wi' banging meh haid on the way doon !!

However, the tap o meh leg got stuck into the sharp bit o the ladder (further cushioning fall) Taking oot a big lump o' flesh !!

The consequence of this was .....Broken glesses. Lump on meh heid. Half finished shed. Hospital treatment for serious wound injury.

I'm telling you this , no for sympathy (That's a lie) But so you can tell me the daft things you have attempted. And it might mak me feel better.

Oh aye, And how is it in these Cowboy, Sojer, and Gangster Picters, when the hero gets stabbed or shot, they jist cerry on as usual, and say "It's only a flesh woond"....... Yet when eh fell aff a ledder, eh wis nearly greeting and got rushed tae hospital :(

And eh thought eh wis Macho Man :)

Gedee, you have the say take yerself "what would the janny do in this situation ?" Specs...superglue, lump on heid....ice pack. Half finished shed...get back up there,it'll no do itself. Open wound....Bowie knife held over open fire then close the wound wi hot knife (mind an take a swig o whisky tae help )this is also a handy tip for stray arrows that might come yer way.....these auld movies dinnae half give some good tips.

Thank you all for yir funny and kind thoughts......... And a special mention tae Janny62......Although white hot bowie knife on tae seal wound  :huh: ?

It looks tae me, that behind that Janny facade, there has been some serious medical training went on there. (Or too much time watchin' the cowboy pics)

Trying tae kid ye a' on I am of a generation where bravery and courage were and integral part o' oor genetic make-up.

When deep doon eh ken eh'm a Big Feardy :)

Just caught up with this, hope you're mending Gedee, the moral of the story is....pay some other b****r to do stuff like this. Feel free to tut and offer advice from the sidelines to make yourself feel better, tell them how you used to do it better and faster etc etc. Get well soon mate.

10_Mr_you_dont_wanna_do_it_like_that.jpg

Just caught up with this, hope you're mending Gedee, the moral of the story is....pay some other b****r to do stuff like this. Feel free to tut and offer advice from the sidelines to make yourself feel better, tell them how you used to do it better and faster etc etc. Get well soon mate.

10_Mr_you_dont_wanna_do_it_like_that.jpg

Hi chomp ........... Thanks for the cheering comments and good wishes and bit o' humour.

But although I like to "haver on" in meh posts (poetic licence an all that) I am generally fine.

It's jist a case o' hirplin' aboot, wee bit pain, some stiffness, a few mair  weeks tae heal up.

To be honest chomp, I've now nearly got a' meh big ootside gairden maintenance free now.

Basically producing fae Greenhooses/Polytunnels (To make life easier for wife and myself)

Knocked doon, cleared away (with help)  8 sma' unused Henhooses. Landscaped the area.

.......Eh think eh maybe got a bit too excited on the last joab ...... Definitely got too excited :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gedee, you have the say take yerself "what would the janny do in this situation ?" Specs...superglue, lump on heid....ice pack. Half finished shed...get back up there,it'll no do itself. Open wound....Bowie knife held over open fire then close the wound wi hot knife (mind an take a swig o whisky tae help )this is also a handy tip for stray arrows that might come yer way.....these auld movies dinnae half give some good tips.

Apologies for resurrecting this thread again, but progress update required ..... and maybe a little mair advice fae Janny :)

At the time of accident Janny,on visiting hospital, it was decided NO anti-biotics would be required as wound looked pretty clean

To be on the safe side however, I was given a tetnus injection. Thewound of course was cleaned and dressed and since that time (about 2 weeks ago) I have been going back every 2 to 3 days to get the wound changed. 

Today however as weel as my leg being swolen and fiery .....pus wiis oozing oot the wound and  the smell wis something else !!

Doctor immediately put me on two kinds of anti-biotics !!

Question ...... Should eh have used the white hot bowie knife initially ..... and this widnae have happened ?

PS since mentioning suing to Margaret (my wife) she has agreed to increase pockey money a whole £5  a month..... RESULT :)

Howdy Gedee,sorry to hear you are still having problems. Have had some help from the spirits (ovd being one of them ) and have come to the conclusion that that the poisoned leg is much the same as a rattlesnake bite,this is where Margaret comes in....get her to wrap her choppers round the wound and sook the poison oot....mind and tell her to spit it oot or she will become ill as well( as Mrs Gedee is no a contributor to the forum,I Cannae treat her), you then dress in a loincloth out the back garden chantin for about eighteen hours ...you will then be either cured,deid or at least lifted by the police then you then are their problem.......plan b today would be slice o bread with a wee drop milk....make it into a paste ,wrap it over the wound in a bandage overnight...should draw the poison out........if you try any of them out ...let me know if they work.

• Like 3

Hi Janny62 .....  I related to Margaret     "the sooky jaws aroond the wound cure" .....

And eh mair or less got the same response as eh did, when I asked her if she would like tae wrap her mooth aroond anither piece o' meh anatomy .....  (back in the days when I was mair in my prime)  .......It looks like I might have to let nature take it's course. The strange looks Margaret is giving me since that suggestion, I get the impression she  believes the poison has already entred the system ..... Mainly in meh brain area !!    

Regarding the second part of the treatment, I'm quite rural, so the 18 hour chant in the back garden should not be too much o ' a problem ..... I am no quite in "Wicker Man Country"  but I do get the impression that there has been a bit o' inbreeding went on up herein the past. So generally they are weel used to strange happenings :)

Genuine wee tip for septic wound Janny .....No so much the milk and bread.    But soap softened with sugar added, draws the poison right oot.

Adblock Detected