Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Carson

charliedee

i see a lot of the usual frothing at the mouth supporters are once again giving it large on social media about how he's not a very good keeper they seem quite happy to bring up the howler v rangers and the 2 v celtic(games we'd probably lose anyway)and today which i didnt think was a mistake by him he came for a cross and collided with shaugnessy..unfortunate yes a flog no..the same fans seem to forget the saves hes had that have won us games or earned us point(s) 

freekick v hearts = 3pts

save v livi = 3 pts

performance v hibs away = 1 pt 

hes a good keeper who will make mistakes(even the best of them throw one in now and again) and feel he'll be a huge reason why we stay up this season.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Carson is a great keeper, by far the best we have had since Bain’s first season. It’s been said many a time on here that he has already repaid any fee we paid for him.
I am not sure where the line in the sand is between being concerned at some of the  goals he’s conceded recently and “frothing at the mouth” but either way, surely it’s not unreasonable for people to be looking at some of these goals with a bit of scrutiny.
It is perhaps Carson’s excellent performances this season that make some of these goals standout a bit more as it’s so uncharacteristic, but, today imo, the Killie equaliser came from another goalkeeping error.
However, there are no dramas and no froth. sh*t happens and we move on. Carson will continue to earn us points between now and the end of the season. 

Is Carson being instructed by the manager to mainly kick out towards the touchline despite his general lack of success doing this?

He did have another great save today and at the match today I thought he should have been stronger in going for the ball at the first goal but after watching on TV he may have caused injury to Joe. Would that have been worth it?

Went back through the keepers we've had and concluded that Bain half a season a side - it's not even a contest until you get to Rab from 08-11.

That's our best keeper in a literal decade.

He's always been a keeper that's had a clanger or two in him. He wouldn't have been playing for the likes of St Mirren, Motherwell, the DABs and us during what should be the peak of his career if he didn't have a mistake in him.

We've got one of the best keepers in the league (I'd say only Butland is definitely ahead of Carson tbh) and we've got a very good back up level keeper as well.

Some of the saves he's pulled off for us already this season I don't think many of our other keepers would have made over the years.

I think that he is the best for a long time, probably going back to big Rab. The first goal yesterday, I think, was mostly about big Joe's jump in front of him, trying to do his job. When we find ourselves under so much pressure, these things happen. We need to defend better from the middle. The  pressure on the defence second  half, as was the case against Celtic, was incessant. A stronger central midfield would help our defence hugely.

Adblock Detected