Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Your English Team?

I personally don't support or have an English team, my old man used to support Man United until he went to the great stadium in the sky. My son supports Liverpool (Because Scottish football is boring, and he says we know who is winning the league before it starts), and I'm not sure who @Scottswiss supports (Maybe he will tell us 🤣).

I suppose the only fixture I look for is Crystal Palace, and that's due to Julián Speroni and their supporters were fantastic with us during his testimonial. Some of them even donated to the forum, big thanks to those who did.

Support an English club? Why?

And which English club would you twin with us? Everton?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I personally don't support or have an English team, my old man used to support Man United until he went to the great stadium in the sky. My son supports Liverpool (Because Scottish football is boring, and he says we know who is winning the league before it starts), and I'm not sure who @Scottswiss supports (Maybe he will tell us 🤣).

I suppose the only fixture I look for is Crystal Palace, and that's due to Julián Speroni and their supporters were fantastic with us during his testimonial. Some of them even donated to the forum, big thanks to those who did.

Support an English club? Why?

And which English club would you twin with us? Everton?

Although I can't get enthused over any English Clubs, there are times, when there is nothing much to offer in the way of Scottish Games (TV) I kinda half-heartedly try out some of the games from down south. But (possibly unreasonably) I quickly lose interest.  And if it's a Friday night, I just go back to watching Scottish Championship Game on BBC Scotland, which I am more familiar with. And it's maybe because of this, in some cases, I find these "lower class" games a bit more exciting...

I'd like to have a bigger attachment to some of the English Clubs, but I can't find the sparkle :chin:

I'm hoping Owen Beck can make a real impression. I certainly will be watching his games:chaplin:

I’ve got English mates who support Palace, Leeds and Luton. I’ll watch out for their results but that’s largely so I can wind them up if they lose 😁

My old boy is a diehard Man City fan all his days because he had a friend at school in the 50s who was originally from Manchester. So by default I’m also a fan.  

7 minutes ago, QuesoGrande said:

I’ve got English mates who support Palace, Leeds and Luton. I’ll watch out for their results but that’s largely so I can wind them up if they lose 😁

My old boy is a diehard Man City fan all his days because he had a friend at school in the 50s who was originally from Manchester. So by default I’m also a fan.  

City for me too.  I lived in Manchester for 10 years, including the not so successful period. My 3 neighbours were big Liverpool and Man U fans so I guess I wanted to be different and have something to argue about over the fence!

I watch English games because I like to watch football but honestly could not care less about any team in particular, and actually it is getting increasingly duller to watch. Man City started a game last month with 6 CBs 😂

Will only ever care about one team. Honestly, I think those who 'support' Liverpool, City, Man U, etc. at the expense of their local teams are worse than Old Firm fans from outside Glasgow. Pubs on a Saturday full of fans supporting a team from hundreds of miles away whilst your local team struggles to get 5k fans through the gates. Will never, ever understand it. Could never have such an emotional connection to a club from another city never mind another country. Much worse now with all the TV money being thrown at the league and it being so accessible. Now that you've got clubs literally owned by oil-rich nations with unlimited wealth it just completely takes the enjoyment out of watching games down south. Just can't get excited about two teams with billion-pound squads being scared to take a risk in case they get hit on the counter. 

Stadiums are full of tourists especially at the bigger clubs because the ticket prices are pricing ordinary people out of going to games. Already had Klopp and Pep moaning about the lack of atmosphere in the stadiums. You've got clubs like Bournemouth with an average attendance that would be 6th highest in this country having net spends of £100m+, competing with clubs like Milan for players. Insane. Quality here might not be anywhere near as good (what else would you expect with the disparity in wages and transfer fees?) but at least it hasn't lost its soul yet.

Don't really support any English side but I'll follow a few clubs and players?

Got family way down south who are avid Manchester united fans, so I keep an eye out.

Palace for the speroni comnection.

If Beck turns out for Liverpool this weekend then I'll be scouser for 90mins... accent not Included. 

Adblock Detected