Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Article about Dens Park

Ludo*1

Excellent piece by Alan Pattullo. Hopefully this doesn't become another 'Will it happen? I have my doubts' thread. Just wondering how people will feel if it does happen? Have to admit, I share a lot of the same feelings shared by Pattullo in the article.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/dundees-dens-park-departure-is-looming-large-and-im-not-sure-how-to-deal-with-this-disorientation-4468853

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Excellent piece by Alan Pattullo. Hopefully this doesn't become another 'Will it happen? I have my doubts' thread. Just wondering how people will feel if it does happen? Have to admit, I share a lot of the same feelings shared by Pattullo in the article.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/dundees-dens-park-departure-is-looming-large-and-im-not-sure-how-to-deal-with-this-disorientation-4468853

Decent article.

Whilst I don't share Patullo's emotional tug of war between stadium and club (it can only ever be Dundee FC) with the (potential) relocation comes a crossroads for me personally. Having toyed with the idea off and on and having totally turned upside down my thoughts, views and opinions on all things from the moon landings to my desire to watch 22 men trying to kick a bag of wind between two wooden stumps, I'm torn between following my club a mile or so up the road or leaving my memories somewhere between the Derry, Provie and latterly the Main Stand.

Time changes many things and circumstances often offer a different perspective, maybe when (if) they eventually lock the doors for the last time it gives me a new desire to support a club that's been a massive part of my routine for a long time. 

Whatever happens it'll be a sad day regardless.

Good wee read …..

But the new stadium has to happen for me.

Dens is well past its use by date. 
It will be sad to leave behind all the memories but we need this to be able to compete for the next 100 years. 
Even if we stayed at Dens the main stand and Derry would need completely rebuilt anyway. 
A brand new purpose built stadium with better parking, facilities and training pitches etc all on one site is surely the way forward. 

1 minute ago, Gull83 said:

Good wee read …..

But the new stadium has to happen for me.

Dens is well past its use by date. 
It will be sad to leave behind all the memories but we need this to be able to compete for the next 100 years. 
Even if we stayed at Dens the main stand and Derry would need completely rebuilt anyway. 
A brand new purpose built stadium with better parking, facilities and training pitches etc all on one site is surely the way forward. 

Much as I love dens Park, Moving away from it is a much more sensible idea, if it happens.

Undoubtedly will be sad to leave Dens, but it's way past its use by date,look at St Mirren and St Johnstone,would they go back? Doubt it.

As long as its done right and the club prosper,I say bring it on.

Won't happen as the bitter twisted Arab Council will keep putting unrealistic requests .

What next for tge club to completely rebuild the kingsway for them .

They will say they support this and then vote against it .

Two faced bitter people that's why they are called Arabs. 

Thus will go too the Scottish Parliament before its given the go ahead 

1 hour ago, Sinkie said:

Won't happen as the bitter twisted Arab Council will keep putting unrealistic requests .

What next for tge club to completely rebuild the kingsway for them .

They will say they support this and then vote against it .

Two faced bitter people that's why they are called Arabs. 

Thus will go too the Scottish Parliament before its given the go ahead 

You maybe want to watch the casual racism there @sinkie. I'm sure that's not what you meant but it comes across as dodgy to say the least.

Anyway, the coonsil's biases aside, I feel quite privileged to be around while the new stadium stuff is going on. It would have been scary and difficult when the discussions were taking place to form the club and then to move from Carolina Park. I bet there were many more doubters in the pubs and factories then than in the boardroom. 

I am glad fans don't have to be the ones to decide. We have to put our trust in the board members and that is what I'm happy to do. It gets a bit boring to hear people complaining when they don't have much information to go on. I love the heartfelt stuff, but it can also sound like attention seeking rather than something real. 

These are momentous times for our club and I for one am just glad I'm around to see it and don't have any responsibility for the decisions that have to be made, or any real (emotional excluded) skin in the game.

31 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I'm all for the move. My issue is the location. I've lived my entire life being able to leave the house at 2.40 on matchdays and always be home for 5.15. 

Won't be the same sitting through half an hour of traffic every other Saturday. 

I’ve had 45 years of coming from Edinburgh so I will be quite happy.

Adblock Detected