Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

And that's why so many people don't care about the Scottish Cup

Even the manager doesn't seem to care. 850 souls made the trip to Kilmarnock and as was said yesterday an away tie at Raith, Montrose, Forfar or a place we don't go to at least another twice this season and that doubles. 

There's apathy toward this competition amognst Dundee fans for a reason, apathy toward it is endemic within the club, and the draw being so unexciting just compounded that apathy. We were never going to win that today and it actually looks we didn't want to and don't really care.

If that had been a league game I'd be angry, but it's only the Scottish Cup so no damage done other than to pride.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Apart from the odd attention seeker on here, I personally don't know any Dundee fans who don't care about how we do in the Scottish cup.

Club is absolutely cursed in it and I'm that used to it, there is no anger today. Just massive disappointment. 

Toughest draw out all the Prem clubs. Baffling unexpected line up. Concede after 18 seconds, game over after 3 minutes, dominate most of the following 91 minutes but give their keeper his quietest afternoon of the season. Sums us up in this competition. 

8 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Apart from the odd attention seeker on here, I personally don't know any Dundee fans who don't care about how we do in the Scottish cup.

Club is absolutely cursed in it and I'm that used to it, there is no anger today. Just massive disappointment. 

Toughest draw out all the Prem clubs. Baffling unexpected line up. Concede after 18 seconds, game over after 3 minutes, dominate most of the following 91 minutes but give their keeper his quietest afternoon of the season. Sums us up in this competition. 

I know a few who just don't bother and have become one of them recently, used to love an away day in the cup whoever it was but after years of what we saw today I'm just not too fussed.

There's no curse, it's apathy and acceptance and as I've said it's endemic top to bottom at the club.

Toughest draw of all the Premier club and yet another two have gone out to lower division opponents, they say there are no easy ties in the cup so can't see where we can say ours was the toughest - unluckiest and least attractive of all the draws involving Premiership sides without a doubt but not the toughest - it was made tough with poor team selection and lack of intent, application and interest on the field.

We may well have dominated after the first ten minutes but when you start as badly as today and lose two soft goals in the first three minutes you're kind of beat before the game even starts are you not? One shot on target in each half (I'm including the disallowed goal to make it look better) is not a stat that a side that dominated should be particularly proud of, in fact it should be ringing bells.

We are never going to win the league, our best chance of winning a trophy is the cup. Ive seen two final defeats in my life, it would be good if we actually won it at some point before I kick the bucket.

Winning a cup would be better than being in a solid bottom 6 club. No one would remember the season where we finished 9th, but you'd remember the cup win until you died.

Todays draw was probably the worst that we could have got IMO. A tough game that we would probably lose, and a game that we would get no money from, a bad situation all round. You can handle a defeat, but that was abject.

We decided to skip it due to all the away games looming. There is a limit to football expenditure in our group just through choice. We chose Hearts and Livvy away but I do remember when cup ties had bigger  crowds than league games. That ended with season tickets not including cup ties. Its a shame as we had a reputation for a cracking support and a brilliant day away, mainly in 70s and 80s.

6 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Didn't suggest this season or the league - just this competition

Again apathy? We had an awful start but would argue that had the offside goal stood we could’ve got back into it. 
2nd half poor but not apathetic. 

Bad day but I genuinely don’t get the apathy part 

ETA I don’t know any of my Dundee supporting mates who don’t care about the Scottish cup 

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Even the manager doesn't seem to care. 850 souls made the trip to Kilmarnock and as was said yesterday an away tie at Raith, Montrose, Forfar or a place we don't go to at least another twice this season and that doubles. 

There's apathy toward this competition amognst Dundee fans for a reason, apathy toward it is endemic within the club, and the draw being so unexciting just compounded that apathy. We were never going to win that today and it actually looks we didn't want to and don't really care.

If that had been a league game I'd be angry, but it's only the Scottish Cup so no damage done other than to pride.

Saying the away support doubles in a game much closer to home that we'd expect to win isn't exactly a bold statement. 850 fans away to Killie in January when a lot of fans will be skint and have just made the exact same trip 3 weeks back is good going. 

Completely disagree with everything you've said, glad you're not feeling to disappointed though. Must be nice. 

19 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

Saying the away support doubles in a game much closer to home that we'd expect to win isn't exactly a bold statement. 850 fans away to Killie in January when a lot of fans will be skint and have just made the exact same trip 3 weeks back is good going. 

Completely disagree with everything you've said, glad you're not feeling to disappointed though. Must be nice. 

I'm as disappointed as the next supporter, I'm just not angry. 

The teams I picked were maybe a bit close to home, right off the top of my head. Substitute them with Ayr United, Partick Thistle and Bonnyrig Rose. Point stands.

I've no issue with you disagreeing. It's never nice seeing your team go out of a competition with a whimper though.

10 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Only one of our league defence available today. With:-  

Carson - injured

Beck - gone

Lamie - injured

Portales - injured

Donnelly - injured

TD hasn't really helped things too much with his post match comments with Carson nursing a minor knock from yesterday's training session but no mention of Kerr, Donnelly, Lamie or Rudden. Carson and Lamie back for Tuesday would be massive.

Adblock Detected