Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dee relationship with Burnley announced

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

“ a gateway to European competion” mentioned by Alan Pace. If they lend us players and we get into Europe does that imply they get a share of the revenue?

Interesting choice of words.

I think it just means that players they send to us to develop have a better chance than Burnley to get experience in European competition.

Also implies that there is a long-term belief by both ALK Capital and our own owners that the club will be making European competitions. Things are decent now, but I think it would take a good couple of years at minimum to get there. Still, nae pressure Doc!

Players initially which can only be a good thing, said it previously though, and I don't see anything to change my thinking, what does it mean long term with the proposed stadium, their hinted investment and a possible dilution of our identity?. 

That's my concern when we need investment for a massive project and they're offering investment. They'll want more than the development of a few players imo. 

Been down this 'too good to be true' road too many time so I think it's natural to be wary of their intentions.

2 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Devil will be in detail no doubt, hopefully a good thing and a real positive, but will see what develops I guess.

What I would say is I think we will see a lot more of these link ups going forward with various clubs.

Yep,first of many I think.

I think there is a lot more than meets the eye to this but I can't quite work it out.

Teams have had relationships all the time but the talk of the sudden talk of the co ownership rules and the way it hit the press was just a bit weird. Then you also have Bournemouth decide they want in and buying into Hibs.

Don't believe for a second this is a player development thing, would guess some clever accountant has worked out some loophole on their end.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Players initially which can only be a good thing, said it previously though, and I don't see anything to change my thinking, what does it mean long term with the proposed stadium, their hinted investment and a possible dilution of our identity?. 

That's my concern when we need investment for a massive project and they're offering investment. They'll want more than the development of a few players imo. 

Been down this 'too good to be true' road too many time so I think it's natural to be wary of their intentions.

“It is understood ALK will assist with the running of Dundee but the deal is not thought to involve actually buying a stake in the Dark Blues“

Sounds very vague, presumably deliberately. 

What do they get in return for their assistance? Portion of Campy? There is more to it than player exchanges but not clear what that it is yet. 

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think there is a lot more than meets the eye to this but I can't quite work it out.

Teams have had relationships all the time but the talk of the sudden talk of the co ownership rules and the way it hit the press was just a bit weird. Then you also have Bournemouth decide they want in and buying into Hibs.

Don't believe for a second this is a player development thing, would guess some clever accountant has worked out some loophole on their end.

I think they  will be  major investors in our new stadium 

Adblock Detected