Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Michael Mellon

Welcome to Dens, Micheal.

Hard question time. Is he any better than we have at the club?

I know he was scoring goal for Morecambe (Who are in the English League 2) but is he good enough for the SPFL?

image.png

We really need a goalscorer, and I'm not sure a 20-year-old who has only 1 and a bit seasons under his belt is the answer?

Could I be wrong here?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I know he was scoring goal for Morecambe (Who are in the English League 2) but is he good enough for the SPFL?

image.png

We really need a goalscorer, and I'm not sure a 20-year-old who has only 1 and a bit seasons under his belt is the answer?

Could I be wrong here?

No you’re being realistic, hopefully the lad does well. Welcome. We have been down the road of limping pressure on young players though. I think he will do well but I remain looking for some more goals that fire is clear of the bottom pack . 

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Well if he isn't better than Zak Rudden somebody needs at take a good hard look at things.

You and I are of an age that we expect strikers to score goals. The youngsters look for work rate  contributing to the team etc . Never mind that, score goals young Mellon! 😂

1 minute ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

You and I are of an age that we expect strikers to score goals. The youngsters look for work rate  contributing to the team etc . Never mind that, score goals young Mellon! 😂

Always wanted an Andy Ritchie (Morton) type at Dens, a guy who does absolutely nothing for most of the game but can score a hat trick with the only three touches he gets

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Always wanted an Andy Ritchie (Morton) type at Dens, a guy who does absolutely nothing for most of the game but can score a hat trick with the only three touches he gets

Precisely . I don’t care if you retrieve your headband or stand with hands on hips etc etc if you score regularly. I done like to put pressure on young Mellon but hopefully he starts - hat trick please

2 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I will take an Ally McCoist who was a lazy 6 yards hugging fat b**tard who was just there to score goals, and he did that well.

You could say the same of Pirie and Coyne, they both never ran about like headless chickens and were only there for one reason, putting the ball in the back of the net. They had other players around them who could supply them with balls all day long.

Give me someone who scores goals over someone who does 125 miles a game on the pitch.

22 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

image.png

Could I be wrong here?

Very reasonable concern, however, all signings are a bit of gamble especially when it comes to strikers and goals. I am thinking that Charlie Reilly has always looked good when he comes on and he was playing at a much lower level than Morecambe, so there is no reason for Mellon, who has U21 international caps under his belt, to not make the step up. 

23 minutes ago, GSD said:

before we write him off

I'm not writing him off at all. It's a pretty reasonable question to ask, especially when it seems we are relying on an untested 20 year to get us goal's at this level.

I, for one, hope that he is another gem like Beck, and he comes into the team scoring for fun.

When have you ever known me to write of any player, especially never having seen them before?

Adblock Detected