Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Luke McCowan


Recommended Posts

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
7 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

Probably 100 per cent nonsense but i am hearing that  Dundee had an offer in for Luke  and the club rejected it and Luke not happy. As i say probably nonsense.

Mr S any idea?

Offers will be lower and fewer if he needlessly fouls and mounts pressure on his team. 

I wonder if there is an element of cockiness creeping in with reports of teams watching him and being one of our best, if not the best player.........up until Mellon turned up that is 😉

Needs to wind it in a bit and show some maturity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Offers will be lower and fewer if he needlessly fouls and mounts pressure on his team. 

I wonder if there is an element of cockiness creeping in with reports of teams watching him and being one of our best, if not the best player.........up until Mellon turned up that is 😉

Needs to wind it in a bit and show some maturity.

Yeah, strange decision making from McCowan today with both fouls. He’s been my player of the season so far, and his link up play with Mellon for the second was brilliant football, but both yellows were utterly needless and both almost very costly. The first fouls was just stupidity albeit harshly judged as inside the box. The second was even more stupid as he knew he was already on a yellow. Not sure what he was thinking today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Yeah, strange decision making from McCowan today with both fouls. He’s been my player of the season so far, and his link up play with Mellon for the second was brilliant football, but both yellows were utterly needless and both almost very costly. The first fouls was just stupidity albeit harshly judged as inside the box. The second was even more stupid as he knew he was already on a yellow. Not sure what he was thinking today. 

The first foul was 100% in the box, the contentious part was over whether it was an actual foul. The initial contact was definitely in the box, or on the line, which is a penalty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The first foul was 100% in the box, the contentious part was over whether it was an actual foul. The initial contact was definitely in the box, or on the line, which is a penalty.

I’d definitely say it was foul regardless of where it was. Courier reporting that watching back on video shows it was outside the box. Looked to me that McCowan started running to make his shoulder charge inside the box, but thought the contact was made outside, by a good couple of feet. I will happily stand corrected though - either way, it was a stupid thing to do in or around the box. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The first foul was 100% in the box, the contentious part was over whether it was an actual foul. The initial contact was definitely in the box, or on the line, which is a penalty.

I agree, you have to ask, "at what point did it become a foul". The contact inside the box wasn't a foul IMO. Fouling began outside.

Remarkable decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The first foul was 100% in the box, the contentious part was over whether it was an actual foul. The initial contact was definitely in the box, or on the line, which is a penalty.

Looked outside the box before contact was made to me. Also looked like the player's feet were off the ground when the contact was made so for me the decision has to stand.

Edit - if feet are off the ground it's impossible for VAR to judge it inside the box regardless - and it was barely a foul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Looked outside the box before contact was made to me. Also looked like the player's feet were off the ground when the contact was made so for me the decision has to stand.

Edit - if feet are off the ground it's impossible for VAR to judge it inside the box regardless - and it was barely a foul

There was one foot on the line on Livi TV's replay and McCowan at that point is in contact with the player, the still image would've shown the ref that and thats what he would've went on imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

There was one foot on the line on Livi TV's replay and McCowan at that point is in contact with the player, the still image would've shown the ref that and thats what he would've went on imo.

Dee tv was outside the box 🤪🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


×
×
  • Create New...