Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Aberdeen Away - 13th April 2024


DFC1988

Recommended Posts

Good Morning,

I am looking to take in a game this season and return to Scotland to watch The Dees away to Aberdeen on Saturday 13th April.  When I noticed this date, it took me back to Big Rab's last game and Caniggia's first game 20 odd years ago.  If memory serves me right, it was also the same situation where Dundee could/did secure a top 6 finish?!

How secure is the game being on this date?  Connecting flights from Sweden to Aberdeen don't come cheap and I don't fancy being stranded in Aberdeen.

In regards to tickets, I presume we will be able to collect away tickets at Pittodrie as was possible last week?

Thanks all in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
7 hours ago, DFC1988 said:

Good Morning,

I am looking to take in a game this season and return to Scotland to watch The Dees away to Aberdeen on Saturday 13th April.  When I noticed this date, it took me back to Big Rab's last game and Caniggia's first game 20 odd years ago.  If memory serves me right, it was also the same situation where Dundee could/did secure a top 6 finish?!

How secure is the game being on this date?  Connecting flights from Sweden to Aberdeen don't come cheap and I don't fancy being stranded in Aberdeen.

In regards to tickets, I presume we will be able to collect away tickets at Pittodrie as was possible last week?

Thanks all in advance.

You've got your games mixed up but correct season.

I would think there is a good chance the game will be played on the Saturday as Rangers are at Dingwall that weekend which will likely be the TV game but there is a chance we could move the kickoff time to suit American audience as Aberdeen have pushed for a few times over the last few years. 

Its a hit or miss if we will be able to collect tickets up at Pittodrie but I am sure if that wasn't the case another Dee who was going to the game could collect and take them up for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Apologies for bringing this topic to light early but just to let people know that tickets are now available for this game on the website.

I am travelling over for it so I have been waiting for tickets to be released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If it’s last game before break will they not all maybe played same day same time? Avoids collusion especially with money at stake


 

You would have thought so but the County v Rangers game is on the Sunday and being shown on Sky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Village Hotel at Kingswells (around 20 minutes/6ish miles from Pittodrie) has a deal on if you're thinking of staying over before returning to Sweden @DFC1988. Very nice hotel with spa facilities etc. Normally pretty reasonably priced but the Mrs tells me there's a deal on the weekend of the Aberdeen game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The Village Hotel at Kingswells (around 20 minutes/6ish miles from Pittodrie) has a deal on if you're thinking of staying over before returning to Sweden @DFC1988. Very nice hotel with spa facilities etc. Normally pretty reasonably priced but the Mrs tells me there's a deal on the weekend of the Aberdeen game. 

Really appreciate this tip, mate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The wife has her eye on a trip to Pittodrie and an overnight stay. Been to that hotel a few times and it's pretty good although the Aberdeen staff are a wee bit dower. Decent facilities though.

Always good to keep the missus happy when football is involved. I’ve got 3 weeks or so of keeping mine sweet before leaving her alone with a 3 and 5 year old for 3 days! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DFC1988 said:

Always good to keep the missus happy when football is involved. I’ve got 3 weeks or so of keeping mine sweet before leaving her alone with a 3 and 5 year old for 3 days! 

Tbh I wasn't thinking about the Aberdeen game but the Mrs mentioned going as she's a big football fan so I've no issues in that respect. After 40yrs of watching the Dee it's normally me reigning her in than the other way about!.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Tbh I wasn't thinking about the Aberdeen game but the Mrs mentioned going as she's a big football fan so I've no issues in that respect. After 40yrs of watching the Dee it's normally me reining her in then the other way about!.

That’s brilliant! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/03/2024 at 08:09, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Tbh I wasn't thinking about the Aberdeen game but the Mrs mentioned going as she's a big football fan so I've no issues in that respect. After 40yrs of watching the Dee it's normally me reigning her in than the other way about!.

Has she got a sister? Asking for a friend 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...