Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Creativity

I remember for many years that one of our central issues has been creating chances and creativity from defence and midfield.

We have had Ian Anderson, Steven Boyack, Georgi Nemsadze, Gary Harkins, Kevin Thompson in past years. Obviously there were many more before.

Now I feel that we have the best creative players we have had for many years playing in dark blue. I am not going to name names. You know who they are.

For so many years we craved some creativity. We have it now.

Our challenge is to convert the chances we create and also bring our defence back up to where it was earlier in the season...

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

I remember for many years that one of our central issues has been creating chances and creativity from defence and midfield.

We have had Ian Anderson, Steven Boyack, Georgi Nemsadze, Gary Harkins, Kevin Thompson in past years. Obviously there were many more before.

Now I feel that we have the best creative players we have had for many years playing in dark blue. I am not going to name names. You know who they are.

Our challenge is to convert the chances we create and also bring our defence back up to where it was earlier in the season...

Great, positive post.  Our central and left side of the team are flying right now, that's for sure.  Imagine if we could have the same going down the right side too.  That being said, McGhee stepping up his performances and adding a goals to his game has been really nice to see.

Let's hope the boys are firing tonight!

10 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Yep.

I suppose like most teams when we are strong on one area of the park, we tend to be weaker in others - if not, we'd be Man C or Liverpool (or dare I say it, the OF).  Maybe this is down to money as us poorer clubs can only afford so many 'better' players or down to individual managers focusing on one particular aspect more than the others? 

Hopefully, when we get the guys back in defence we'll shore that area up and fingers crossed our strikers come good after a bit of a struggle.  Fixing the defence in many ways will reduce the need to fix the strikers. 

4 hours ago, DFC1988 said:

Great, positive post.  Our central and left side of the team are flying right now, that's for sure.  Imagine if we could have the same going down the right side too.  That being said, McGhee stepping up his performances and adding a goals to his game has been really nice to see.

Let's hope the boys are firing tonight!

Yes...I was calling for Mulligan at RWB as he has goals in his game too. However he hasn't been as strong defensively as McGhee. McGhee's goal at Tynecastle was top notch. One touch. Strong in the air too.

27 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Yes...I was calling for Mulligan at RWB as he has goals in his game too. However he hasn't been as strong defensively as McGhee. McGhee's goal at Tynecastle was top notch. One touch. Strong in the air too.

McGhee is all of this - but his touch and pace, isnt the greatest as a RWB, where as Mulligan is, I thought Mulligan was fantastic against Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, darkbluecheshire said:

McGhee is all of this - but his touch and pace, isnt the greatest as a RWB, where as Mulligan is, I thought Mulligan was fantastic against Aberdeen.

Yes I know re pace etc. I think he is in there because defensively he is stronger than Mulligan. If Mulligan could improve his defensive side and cut out the cards he would absolutely provide a better creative threat down the right.

Adblock Detected