Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

YouTuber video from Sunday

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I noticed Blair McNally (Scottish Football YouTuber) walk past prematch so figured this video was coming. Very interesting take on our stewards. Be good if someone from the club could see this.

He's spot on regarding the stewarding, I've had run in's with that female steward (dark hair on video) on numerous occasions because she has a wee bit of power and makes things up as she goes along when challenged. She was a bit of a joke figure when she was in the Main Stand. Anyone who's clued up on rules, regulations and guidelines can stand their ground but for others that maybe aren't so clued up these stewards walk all over them. Going to a game of football should be a pleasurable experience but this current lot are treating the paying customer like criminals.

Young fans having a great time, when they could be doing anything on a Sunday, hopefully club supports them in every way, last thing we need is over zealous stewarding on about 50 kids under 14, especially when they look the other way when Celtic/rangers come to town.

Been going to Dens for over 35 years and have noticed a big change in the stewarding since the Rangers pyro game in November.

Had never really had an interaction with a steward in my life before that game, but since it, upon entering the turnstiles, I've been asked if I had any cans or bottles on me at one game. Searched at an other. Asked if I support Dundee against Celtic. Asked if I'm "ok" at another. Then the latest one (not a steward one tbf) - the turnstile operator was inspecting my ticket for longer than usual on Sunday there (yes, it says 2nd of January, the original game was postponed).

I think there's clearly been a briefing from the club to the stewards since the Rangers game which is understandable, but as usual, they're taking it out on the wrong people.

Annoying home fans who go week in week out for decades entering whilst anything still goes in the Shankly with pyro/standing/sectarian singing etc.

22 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Been going to Dens for over 35 years and have noticed a big change in the stewarding since the Rangers pyro game in November.

Had never really had an interaction with a steward in my life before that game, but since it, upon entering the turnstiles, I've been asked if I had any cans or bottles on me at one game. Searched at an other. Asked if I support Dundee against Celtic. Asked if I'm "ok". Then the latest one (not a steward one tbf) - the turnstile operator was inspecting my ticket for longer than usual on Sunday there (yes, it says 2nd of January, the original game was postponed).

I think there's clearly been a briefing from the club to the stewards since the Rangers game which is understandable, but as usual, they're taking it out on the wrong people.

Annoying home fans who go week in week out for decades entering whilst anything still goes in the Shankly with pyro/standing/sectarian singing etc.

In my experience it's went on a lot longer. This will sound disrespectful and it likely is disrespectful but these security firms are employing people with little or no experience for the minimum amount possible, giving them a hi-viz and a walkie talkie and handing them power that is way beyond their mental capacity. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it's as close to the truth of the matter as we'll get. That woman on the video has absolutely no common sense and caused bother where none existed. She used to insist on shutting all the gates behind her in the Main Stand walkways every week basically penning people in. She also insisted that my young daughter and I had to sit apart in a half empty Bobby Cox once for covid reasons even though we were outside, had tickets next door to each other and had travelled 5 miles to get to the game in the same car!. We were threatened with being ejected from the ground when I refused to move, they then just basically stood at the front and eyeballed us for the rest of the game. Had another occasion where a male steward had a go at a couple of men who had masks on their chins, they were sitting in the Shankly, outside and with plenty of spare seats around them but were told that masks HAD to be worn, which wasn't true......in any setting never mind outside. I just sat because I knew my rights and the steward left. When I went to go to the toilet though I knew he'd try and isolate me which he did and he began shouting instructions which I ignored and walked past. He tried the same things as I returned to my seat before basically glowering in my direction for the rest of the second half. 

Some of these people are looking for something that isn't there and making things up to suit.

Don't doubt there's issues, but would like to say, I don't think I've ever had a problem in the Cox. A lot of the stewards in the Cox seem to be long time Dee fans and I often see them in the crowd at away games as well. Wonder what the script is in regards to where they get allocated.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't doubt there's issues, but would like to say, I don't think I've ever had a problem in the Cox. A lot of the stewards in the Cox seem to be long time Dee fans and I often see them in the crowd at away games as well. Wonder what the script is in regards to where they get allocated.

There are some decent stewards but there are definitely those who let the side down. 

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Going to a game of football should be a pleasurable experience but this current lot are treating the paying customer like criminals.

This is how I've felt approaching the turnstiles since that Rangers game.

It's got to the point where I'm thinking, what's it going to be this week. 

tbh it's been the same for me at away games for years with these silly searches, less regular at Dens until the last few months but still sporadically would happen. Most just kind of go through the motions but you do occasionally get one who seems be weirdly thorough, I literally got more interrogation at Hearts away a few weeks back than I did entering the USA a couple of weeks before it 😆

Ultimately, it's just a bit of an illusion. If you're going to do it, I think it's fair game to profile the 'ultra' groups for a bit more scrutiny as a bit of a deterrent but crazy when you see the dads getting their kids fruit shoots assessed.

Unless we're willing to be subject to airport screening (which is obviously ridiculous outwith any major international events), there's got to be an understanding that if anyone does really want to do harm or conceal stuff in then it's easy enough to do it and that's a risk that'll always be there.

31 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

This is how I've felt approaching the turnstiles since that Rangers game.

It's got to the point where I'm thinking, what's it going to be this week. 

I normally go to the far end turnstile at cox, always less busy and stewards on the whole fine.

10 minutes ago, harry94 said:

tbh it's been the same for me at away games for years with these silly searches, less regular at Dens until the last few months but still sporadically would happen. Most just kind of go through the motions but you do occasionally get one who seems be weirdly thorough, I literally got more interrogation at Hearts away a few weeks back than I did entering the USA a couple of weeks before it 😆

Ultimately, it's just a bit of an illusion. If you're going to do it, I think it's fair game to profile the 'ultra' groups for a bit more scrutiny as a bit of a deterrent but crazy when you see the dads getting their kids fruit shoots assessed.

Unless we're willing to be subject to airport screening (which is obviously ridiculous outwith any major international events), there's got to be an understanding that if anyone does really want to do harm or conceal stuff in then it's easy enough to do it and that's a risk that'll always be there.

No way is it fair game to profile the 'ultra' groups? These young KIDS are the future of Dundee. They should be getting applauded and not bullied. 

Not sure what the deterrent would be if these KIDS get signalled out for extra profiling. The only thing it would do is stop them going to the games. 

The average age of these 'ultras' is around 12yo and all I see from them at the games is passion.  Let's keep encouraging them instead of trying to put up barriers to them.  

The worst thing about these young crews is the amount of grown men who try to put them down at every available opportunity. Slagging off kids trying to create atmosphere is such an easy thing to do. 

Can you imagine how bad an atmosphere that guys video would have if he had recorded it from the Bobby Cox stand!!!

3 minutes ago, steven dee said:

No way is it fair game to profile the 'ultra' groups? These young KIDS are the future of Dundee. They should be getting applauded and not bullied. 

Not sure what the deterrent would be if these KIDS get signalled out for extra profiling. The only thing it would do is stop them going to the games. 

The average age of these 'ultras' is around 12yo and all I see from them at the games is passion.  Let's keep encouraging them instead of trying to put up barriers to them.  

The worst thing about these young crews is the amount of grown men who try to put them down at every available opportunity. Slagging off kids trying to create atmosphere is such an easy thing to do. 

Can you imagine how bad an atmosphere that guys video would have if he had recorded it from the Bobby Cox stand!!!

I wasn't meaning the kids, you see the groups who have pyros from miles away on the walk up to the ground!

Adblock Detected