Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Portales Talking About Leaving

Ludo*1

Gave an interview to a Mexican paper which has been re-published in the Courier:

'In six months I would like to take a leap in my career to compete in another league, with another team that has aspirations of playing in the the Champions League or the Europa League. My aim is to be the inspiration to other Mexicans who want to move to Europe. 

I hope to make the squad for the Copa América and from there, I want to be a part of the 2026 World Cup, which we co-host.

Every Mexican player who plays in Europe dreams of playing for his country.

I respect all the clubs in Mexico, but I want to use my time in Europe to progress

I work every day and my ultimate aim is to bring me closer to the Mexican National team.

It is my dream. I would love to achieve it as soon as possible.'

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gave an interview to a Mexican paper which has been re-published in the Courier:

'In six months I would like to take a leap in my career to compete in another league, with another team that has aspirations of playing in the the Champions League or the Europa League. My aim is to be the inspiration to other Mexicans who want to move to Europe. 

I hope to make the squad for the Copa América and from there, I want to be a part of the 2026 World Cup, which we co-host.

I respect all the clubs in Mexico, but I want to use my time in Europe to progress

I work every day and my ultimate aim is to bring me closer to the Mexican National team.

Be good if he could actually stay fit ,for long enough to earn a move to a champions league team 😂😂

Can't criticise him for this, hopefully he can become good enough to play at that level and we can sell him for decent money. He turns 28 in a few months, so time isn't on his side, but you never know.

There wasn't any indication of the length of this contract when he signed, most likely a 2 or 3 year deal, probably 2 at a guess.

36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Delusional. 

2 minutes ago, Taipei said:

Can't criticise him for this, hopefully he can become good enough to play at that level and we can sell him for decent money. He turns 28 in a few months, so time isn't on his side, but you never know.

There wasn't any indication of the length of this contract when he signed, most likely a 2 or 3 year deal, probably 2 at a guess.

I sincerely hope 1yr with options at best.

Have to say that I cant hold that against him one bit. Id far rather have players playing for us that are looking to improve and move on to a higher level than the countless players we have had over the years who have made Dens their retirement home

He's our best CH IMO. I don't think he's going to get a big move going into next season due to the amount of injuries he's had but he's certainly got potential to go further up the food chain. He'd need to go to a more minor league to get Champions League football though - perhaps Ireland or the like.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's our best CH IMO. I don't think he's going to get a big move going into next season due to the amount of injuries he's had but he's certainly got potential to go further up the food chain. He'd need to go to a more minor league to get Champions League football though - perhaps Ireland or the like.

Seen this and wondered if it was a classic case of 'lost in translation'.

Personally can't see him playing at a higher level in the UK than with Dundee.  Technically very good and strong in the air and in the tackle.  Lacks the pace, for me, to play at a higher level.  Two injuries in relatively short successions tends to prove to me that the pace of the game here is quicker than he is used to.

That being said, a good run for the team and he could be playing in Europe before long after all...

8 minutes ago, DFC1988 said:

Seen this and wondered if it was a classic case of 'lost in translation'.

Personally can't see him playing at a higher level in the UK than with Dundee.  Technically very good and strong in the air and in the tackle.  Lacks the pace, for me, to play at a higher level.  Two injuries in relatively short successions tends to prove to me that the pace of the game here is quicker than he is used to.

That being said, a good run for the team and he could be playing in Europe before long after all...

If he was to move it would have to be another team outside the top 6 leagues. I agree that he wouldn't play for another team higher than us. Mexico's team is also very good so doubt at 28 he would get into the team or world cup squad

Think he pretty much said when he signed for us that his aim was to get an international call up so I always saw that as we'd be used as temporary stepping stone (one season) all going well for him.

Not sure we can hold the two injuries he's had against him?

Hopefully he's back real soon and plays a big part for the rest of the season.

Adblock Detected