Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

If, buts, and maybes

Napper

If we had held on to our leads against Hearts x 2.. Kilmarnock and St Johnstone, we'd be ten points better off.. So, on 42 points. Hearts would be on 45, although having played a game more.. Killie would be on 38... 

But we didn't. but, one can dream. 

Maybe..If the Doc recruits as well next summer ,as he did this, we can go on to that third or fourth spot.. First time in eons I've actually been a glass half full Dundee fan.. as apposed to "what fu*king glass?"

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
11 minutes ago, Napper said:

If we had held on to our leads against Hearts x 2.. Kilmarnock and St Johnstone, we'd be ten points better off.. So, on 42 points. Hearts would be on 45, although having played a game more.. Killie would be on 38... 

But we didn't. but, one can dream. 

Maybe..If the Doc recruits as well next summer ,as he did this, we can go on to that third or fourth spot.. First time in eons I've actually been a glass half full Dundee fan.. as apposed to "what fu*king glass?"

Biggest thing for me is ( and i don't want to sound pessimistic) we will have another big turnaround of players given the amount of loans we have this season. Think of all the loan players who have contributed so much this season including Beck, Donnelly, Boateng to name but 3. Another big job and test of his skills come the summer for DOC

2 minutes ago, dblair said:

Biggest thing for me is ( and i don't want to sound pessimistic) we will have another big turnaround of players given the amount of loans we have this season. Think of all the loan players who have contributed so much this season including Beck, Donnelly, Boateng to name but 3. Another big job and test of his skills come the summer for DOC

I've also thought this.. but, since then, I've seen a couple of articles where TD addresses this issue.. basically saying we had to do loads of loans to survive this year considering the turn round of the squad since promotion.. he says theres' a plan in place to maintain the core and add to it  in coming seasons.... we will have to wait and see if this comes to pass. 

6 hours ago, dfc64 said:

Think the biggest task might be holding on to the manager.

Absolutely this. Players come and go but TD has built this squad into a impressive unit in a short space of time. We have 11 loan players but you wouldn't think so, as to my eyes they all look like they have bought into the club and are giving it everything when they get the chance. Most are young players and mistakes will be made but TD and his coaching team deserve great credit in building them up into a squad that are competitive at this level. I doubt this will go unnoticed with other clubs when they see how these players are being looked after. In footballing matters TD is the most important individual at Dens just now by some distance. Needs rewarded imo and given as much latitude as he wants to build the football side of things up.

As can be seen above I basically agree with recent posts. TD's previous connection with the Dons, may mean, his name might come up in the conversation if/when the they do decide to appoint their permanent manager. But it won't go any further (imo)

TD has had a tremendous start to his managerial career with us....And although I accept, that if he continues in the same vein, there will be other Clubs, at the very least checking him out & possibly offering him a more lucrative position, I do not think myself, this will  be in the near future.. I think everyone basically agrees, he has been (& of course, still is) good (very good) for DFC...

From his very 1st. day of his appointment, TD has never tried to hide his appreciation of being given, his first full opportunity as a full time manager with DFC. And is does NOT seem the case, that his initial opportunity to be with DFC has ever waned during, and up to, this present time. It also seems to be a "shared feeling" between him, Board, DFC , FPS, Players, & Fans alike.

Surely, every effort will be made, to hold on to TD .... To secure his services now and for the future.

As far as TD's own ambitions are concerned, I think he's totally bought into DFC's ambitious plans :wub:

Adblock Detected