The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Top Six Predictions

Rate this topic

Premiership top six  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which teams do you think will finish top six?

With the fixtures out, which six teams do you think will finish in the top half?

Celtic, Aberdeen, Us, Hearts, Dabs and fancy Motherwell to improve again.

ICT and St Johnstone to be found out..

Hearts to do well in 1st season back up,also Ross County might shock a few teams.St Johnstone's league form to suffer due to too small a squad & too many games.Utd to implode after notification of lengthy Ciftci ban and no cash for like for like replacement.

Same as this year. 

Us, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, ICT, StJohnstone

Us, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, ICT, StJohnstone

I honestly think that Hearts find it more difficult than people have been predicting here and on P&B. They might have won that league with a cantor, but it took Hibs ages to get into gear and The Rangers were just (millions worth of) bad. 

I honestly think that Hearts find it more difficult than people have been predicting here and on P&B. They might have won that league with a cantor, but it took Hibs ages to get into gear and The Rangers were just (millions worth of) bad. 

I think as well you could be right there. That said, it looks like their fans maybe dinnae agree wi us.   ( 13,000 season tickets sold)

Aye, good luck tae them. They can do what they want in the Premiership and win a few gemmes. But no at the expense o' DFC :)

The top two will again be Celtic and Aberdeen.

I think we will then be in a bunch of 5 teams (Dee, Dabs, ICT, Hearts, St Johnstone) where it could be tight.  Motherwell will not struggle like last season but will not be good enough for the top 6.  Relegation is anyone's guess from the other 4.

I'm impressed with the squad we are building.  If we can have a bit of luck with injuries then in terms of league position I'm looking at finishing less than top 6 as a bit of a failure.

Celtic, Aberdeen, Inverness, us, dabs then hearts just to make it but I think they'll find it tough next season tbh the championship was utter pish last year IMO and had very little competition apart from a below average sevco team and a hibs team who indeed did take a while to get going so it was hearts' league all the way last year.

Impossible to tell at the moment. Think Celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnstone are definates. Inverness have lost key players and will do well to replace them. United have been consistently top 6 for a while but look as poor as they have been in a long time. Hearts squad looks decent but untested at this level, Motherwell are having a total rebuild and Ross County are having their usual scattergun signing spree and you never know what to expect from us. Think United and Hearts and Inverness will probably shade it with us in 7th.

I'd say celtic and Aberdeen are obvious. I voted for Inverness but I'm not so sure. Their squad has been taken apart this summer so they will be interesting. The dabs could be in trouble if they lose the waiter as I really don't see any other threat in the squad. Also I'm sure thompson won't be heavily investing in the squad.

1st Celtic

2nd Aberdeen

3rd - 5th us, dabs, St johnstone,

6th motherwell or hearts

If the voting so far reflected how good teams will be, the table would be something like this:

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

Dundee

Inverness

St Johnstone

United

Motherwell

Ross County

Hamilton

Kilmarnock

Partick

I'd be well happy with that.

Hearts won't be the force people seem to think they will be and I certainly can't see them finishing third, top six possibly but not third..

Hearts won't be the force people seem to think they will be and I certainly can't see them finishing third, top six possibly but not third..

Can't seem to understand this tbh.

Why do people think they are amazing?

Can't seem to understand this tbh.

Why do people think they are amazing?

They breezed the championship to be fair but I'm not convinced it was as strong as it was when us and Hamilton fought it out the season before.

Probably a lot of it's down to the Rangers perception too, a lot of thinking seemed to be based on 'they're Rangers so they must be good' when in fact they were sh**e.