Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kilmarnock (Home, 02nd Mar 2024)Match thread

TAYZURRI

Match Thread  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result be in this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

Dundee1617badge.png V KilmarnockLogo.png

The Scot Foam Stadium

Date: 2nd March 2024

Time: 3:00 pm

TICKET INFORMATION

kddevkil.png

We are back home this Saturday, 2nd March, as we take on Kilmarnock at The Scot Foam Stadium. It is a 3 pm kick-off on Saturday.

Season Ticket Voucher 14Tickets can be purchased ONLINE 

or from the ticket office.

Come along and get right behind The Dee on Saturday.

Ticket Prices

• Adults: £26.00
  • Concessions: £16.00
  • Under 18's: £12.00
  • Under 12’s: £4.00

Dundee FC Ticket Opening Hours

Ticket Office: 01382 767039

• Monday: 10 am – 5 pm
  • Tuesday: 10 am – 5 pm
  • Wednesday: 10 am – 5 pm
  • Thursday: 10 am – 5 pm
  • Friday: 10 am – 5 pm
  • Saturday (Non-Match Day): 10 am-1 pm

TICKET EXCHANGE

If you have a ticket you would like to sell or give away CLICK HERE

LIVE STREAMING

Live stream for international subscribers, audio for UK subscribers for the cinch Prem match against Kilmarnock - CLICK HERE

MATCH OFFICIALS

• Referee: Colin Steven
  • AR1: Dougie Potter
  • AR2: Stuart Stevenson
  • Fourth Official: Chris Fordyce
  • VAR: Greg Aitken
  • AVAR: Gary Hilland

PLAYED FOR DUNDEE AND KILMARNOCK

Lee Ashcroft

leeash.jpg

MY STARTING 11

Carson

McGhee

Portales

Lamie

Donnelly

Beck

Sylla

McCowan

Costelloe

Tiffoney

Mellon

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Too close to call this one but the harsh reality is, unless we stop their wide players and based on recent form, we will concede.

I think Main, Mellon and Portales should start.

Carson
Portales 
Shaughnessy
Lamie
McGhee
Beck
Cameron
Sylla
McCowan
Main
Mellon

5 minutes ago, DFC1988 said:

Too close to call this one but the harsh reality is, unless we stop their wide players and based on recent form, we will concede.

I think Main, Mellon and Portales should start.

Carson
Portales 
Shaughnessy
Lamie
McGhee
Beck
Cameron
Sylla
McCowan
Main
Mellon

Main and Mellon - not a combination I'd thought of. I'm going to say Bakayoko and Mellon to start and I'd have Donnelly in for Shaughnessy who's looked pretty much burst at times recently

One thing we have to get back to is making the most of our set-pieces.

We've scored some absolutely cracking goals from open play but the delivery/return has been really poor since the break from corners/throw-ins/free-kicks, Ashcroft's header at Pittodrie being the only one in fifteen.

Up to the break we'd scored 11/22 goals from set-plays and it was always mentioned by pundits and opposition managers about how dangerous we were from them. Not so much in 2024 though.

McCracken

McGhee Lamie Donnelly

Mulligan Boateng Cameron Sylla Beck

McCowan

Mellon

RWB has been a problem area all season, quite simply we don't have one. I don't think Mulligan is very good there, but McGhee is far better at RCB, hopefully that three can be a bit tighter than recently. McCowan just behind Mellon, with Cameron having free reign to get forward as much as he can. 

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Main and Mellon - not a combination I'd thought of. I'm going to say Bakayoko and Mellon to start and I'd have Donnelly in for Shaughnessy who's looked pretty much burst at times recently

Last 2 games Joe exposed on the ground and 2 goals conceded .

We k/o at 0-0 and we attempt to end the game no worse than that. After Wednesday we need to pick a team and formation that have enough guts to face what will probably be a very nervous crowd who, in some cases, will be ready to pounce on any early mistakes. Saturday will be new territory for TD and he needs to have his team ready.

Would bite your hand off for a clean sheet after Wednesday but would be delighted with anything positive.

9 hours ago, Taipei said:

McCracken

McGhee Lamie Donnelly

Mulligan Boateng Cameron Sylla Beck

McCowan

Mellon

RWB has been a problem area all season, quite simply we don't have one. I don't think Mulligan is very good there, but McGhee is far better at RCB, hopefully that three can be a bit tighter than recently. McCowan just behind Mellon, with Cameron having free reign to get forward as much as he can. 

Unless McGhee is injured then, for me, he has to play on the right of defence. I agree it's a position where we don't really have any great competition. Mulligan wouldn't have the defensive nous to cover that position against Killie's danger men in wide positions. Defensive solidity has to got to be where we build from and Mulligan doesn't provide that. 

McCracken

Mcghee

Beck

Portales

Lamie

Donnelly

Boateng/Sylla

McCowan

Mulligan

Main

Mellon.

31 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Unless McGhee is injured then, for me, he has to play on the right of defence. I agree it's a position where we don't really have any great competition. Mulligan wouldn't have the defensive nous to cover that position against Killie's danger men in wide positions. Defensive solidity has to got to be where we build from and Mulligan doesn't provide that. 

McCracken

Mcghee

Beck

Portales

Lamie

Donnelly

Boateng/Sylla

McCowan

Mulligan

Main

Mellon.

You think TD will drop his two most senior players in Carson and Shaughnessy? 

Apart from that, couldn’t argue with that team.

5 minutes ago, DFC1988 said:

You think TD will drop his two most senior players in Carson and Shaughnessy? 

Apart from that, couldn’t argue with that team.

I think sometimes, I see it across various platforms, that people get fixated with labelling things. 

I'd prefer to say that these players, who've played a lot of minutes through injury and loss of form, are being rested rather than dropped. They don't deserve to be dropped but I think they do deserve a rest.

Adblock Detected