Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Owen Beck

Like a different player in his 2nd spell.

Penny for his thoughts as he watched those Liverpool young boys get on the pitch last week in the cup final, boys that were definitely behind him in the pecking order.

His mood wouldn’t have been helped by Wednesday night, chasing shadows for most of it.

We need him back to even 75 percent of what he produced in the first few months, where he was as good as anything seen at dens in recent years.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

His form hasn't been as good as the first spell so far, but I can't agree with this.

Thought he was decent on his first game back up at Aberdeen.

Was absolutely excellent against Hearts at Dens.

Whole team were terrible at Paisley.

Thought he was good against St Johnstone at Dens.

Ross County at Dens he didn't look 100 percent and was subbed off.

Average at Easter Road.

Obviously didn't have a great game at Parkhead but that night was just a nightmare all round for all involved.

Hard to find the standards that he was hitting most weeks in the first spell as the team had been struggling a bit in 2024 and is defensively a bit all over the place.

Get a settled back three back and see him back in his favoured left wing back position rather than LB and I think he'll hit the heights again.

edited - forgot to quote Mr S's OP. That's who I was replying to.

He seems to me to be the kind of Lad, that would give nothing, But his Best...Once he's on the Park.

If as late it's not been up to his usual high standards we all know he's capable of, it is a fitness issue.

So in agreement with Densparker's Post above. But TD, Coach, etc are the ones who know best:chaplin:

49 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Like a different player in his 2nd spell.

Penny for his thoughts as he watched those Liverpool young boys get on the pitch last week in the cup final, boys that were definitely behind him in the pecking order.

His mood wouldn’t have been helped by Wednesday night, chasing shadows for most of it.

We need him back to even 75 percent of what he produced in the first few months, where he was as good as anything seen at dens in recent years.

Don’t think he would be playing for Liverpool but perhaps would have been on the bench simply due to their lack of bodies available.

I wouldn’t say he’s been a different player as we’ve seen glimpses of his ‘regular’ self since his return but I do think a little bit of spite has gone from his game.

Perhaps he doesn’t have as much to prove this time around considering he was at a bit of a crossroads in his career back in the summer.  

No matter what happens between now and the rest of the season, I can see him receiving offers from pretty much every team in SPL.

All this being said, I agree with you that we need him back to his best if we have aspirations of reaching the top 6.

I'd say the whole defence, bar McGhee who I think has been pretty consistent, have been below the standards they set in the first half of the season. 

I'd say that chopping and changing defensive personnel, Beck leaving for a spell then returning, his injury plus key defenders losing form have all been a factor in pretty much the whole defence underperforming. I also think that the manager has asked Beck to play a different role given that post January he's been playing wingers and a back 4 off and on.

I created a thread a while back because I was worried that we'd expect something from Beck that we'd remembered from earlier in the season. It's fair to compare but only if everything else is factored in. 

Beck will return to form, I have no doubt. His crossing is still a weapon, he will learn from his mistakes, as most do (hopefully).

The whole team need to improve, and that's up to TD. lets not forget there are games we have played bad for 45 in the first six months then turned it around. I feel he had more freedom in his first stint where as now he is very much at the back! But overall the team are playing deeper!

1 hour ago, DFC1988 said:

Don’t think he would be playing for Liverpool but perhaps would have been on the bench simply due to their lack of bodies available.

I wouldn’t say he’s been a different player as we’ve seen glimpses of his ‘regular’ self since his return but I do think a little bit of spite has gone from his game.

Perhaps he doesn’t have as much to prove this time around considering he was at a bit of a crossroads in his career back in the summer.  

No matter what happens between now and the rest of the season, I can see him receiving offers from pretty much every team in SPL.

All this being said, I agree with you that we need him back to his best if we have aspirations of reaching the top 6.

Owen beck future lies in England full stop.

But watching his teammates celebrating on the pitch in front of 90,000 would have been bittersweet, he gets on the pitch if he’s not up here picking up a major honour.

2 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

His form hasn't been as good as the first spell so far, but I can't agree with this.

Thought he was decent on his first game back up at Aberdeen.

Was absolutely excellent against Hearts at Dens.

Whole team were terrible at Paisley.

Thought he was good against St Johnstone at Dens.

Ross County at Dens he didn't look 100 percent and was subbed off.

Average at Easter Road.

Obviously didn't have a great game at Parkhead but that night was just a nightmare all round for all involved.

Hard to find the standards that he was hitting most weeks in the first spell as the team had been struggling a bit in 2024 and is defensively a bit all over the place.

Get a settled back three back and see him back in his favoured left wing back position rather than LB and I think he'll hit the heights again.

edited - forgot to quote Mr S's OP. That's who I was replying to.

But you must agree, that he hasn’t been playing to his incredible high standards in his first spell, his standards are still good enough to walk into our team.

I thought he was poor against Hibs, his delivery not great and was caught out a few times.

37 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

But you must agree, that he hasn’t been playing to his incredible high standards in his first spell, his standards are still good enough to walk into our team.

I thought he was poor against Hibs, his delivery not great and was caught out a few times.

Yeah, I said to a mate after the Hibs game that that's the last two games he hasn't been great but I think he took a knock v Ross County and tbh, whole team weren't at it at Easter Road other than a five minute spell either side of our goal.

I definitely think he'll pick it up again. Has it all. Strength, aggression, pace, tackling, runs, corners, crossing.

Think he can improve on his bookings although that was never a yellow on Wednesday night for me. Genuine clean attempt to win the ball. Foul at worst.

Adblock Detected