Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

2 yellow cards but no sending off

I  noticed a few post match comments on social media about this on Saturday  and i said it at the time myself when it happened but did anyone else notice Van Veen was shown a yellow card shortly after coming on  then a second one not long after yet wasn't sent off ?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, TC86 said:

I  noticed a few post match comments on social media about this on Saturday  and i said it at the time myself when it happened but did anyone else notice Van Veen was shown a yellow card shortly after coming on  then a second one not long after yet wasn't sent off ?

He was only shown one yellow card.

Steven did pull out his card again later on, but he didn't give Van Veen a second yellow. Looks like he changed his mind.

2 minutes ago, CammiesTash said:

He was only shown one yellow card.

Steven did pull out his card again later on, but he didn't give Van Veen a second yellow. Looks like he changed his mind.

He changed his mind .. how does that work then ?..

So hes booked him , brandishes the yellow again soon after  but realises hes going to have to send him off  having already booked him so then decides to put the yellow back in his pocket ? 

That's even WORSE 🤣

There was a bit of afters when Donnelly fouled Van Veen just inside our half and Donnelly was shown the yellow card. He also showed a yellow card to McCowan for getting involved but only spoke to Van Veen before he allowed the free-kick to be taken.

Van Veen was then subsequently cautioned for catching Portales with a late one.

2 hours ago, Cerulean said:

There was a bit of afters when Donnelly fouled Van Veen just inside our half and Donnelly was shown the yellow card. He also showed a yellow card to McCowan for getting involved but only spoke to Van Veen before he allowed the free-kick to be taken.

Van Veen was then subsequently cautioned for catching Portales with a late one.

Ah that makes sense but it sure did look like the 2nd yellow was for Van Veen not McCowan. 

12 hours ago, TC86 said:

I noticed it. One for an off the ball close to the Derry and one the closer to the main stand. It was clear both yellow cards were for him. I was waving imaginary red cards but thought it was strange I was the only one that noticed 

Just now, Luke said:

I noticed it. One for an off the ball close to the Derry and one the closer to the main stand. It was clear both yellow cards were for him. I was waving imaginary red cards but thought it was strange I was the only one that noticed 

The ref made sure the yellow was for van Veen. He walked closer so no confusion and anyone in the way. Van Veen was complaining as well

Can this be queried??(for all the good it will do)...Few guys behind me in the Derry were insensed that the guy wasnt sent off as 2 Yellows.This stinks again of major incompetance  of match officials!?

7 hours ago, Ivan Drago said:

Did that not happen for us many moons ago in the intertoto cup game v sartid? Sure Romano got booked twice but no red 

Graham Poll gave 3 yellows to a Croatia player in the 2006 World Cup - the 3rd was followed by a red.  It also happened many years ago in the English Championship. 

Adblock Detected