Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCracken or Carson?

Who starts against Aberdeen?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts against Aberdeen?

• McCracken
    • Carson

Provided Carson is over his 'niggle' who starts against Aberdeen on the 13th?

Thought McCracken did really well when he came in. Carson seems that little bit more dominant - I suppose that's his experience showing - but McCracken's distribution was a lot better than Carson's. Read a player interview saying Carson was the best kicker of the ball in the team and he certainly can use both feet, but think his judgement when kicking lets him down sometimes whereas McCracken just has one of those old fashioned monster kicks. 

Anyway - I think I'd plump for Carson, but it's a tough one.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If both 100% fit then it has to be Carson for me.

Consistently made top saves throughout the season, commands the defence and gives the whole team a bit more assurance, it seems.  He has had a few clangers this season but I am sure most other keepers have also.

McCracken appears to have a good future and I hope we can get him permanently at the end of the season.  

There's no doubt Carson has earned the praise (rightly) for some of his tremendous stops, although I think if we are being honest, he is prone to some daft blunders. Initially that did concern me when there was so much praise being directed at him (But maybe I was not really considering his ongoing injury. If this gets permanently sorted, he will be back to his best.

Thought Mc Cracken did better than "alright" on Sat....Although he also made occasional blunders. I think, in this case, stepping in for an absent Carson, would make any deputy Goalkeeper more than a wee bit nervous...Some Kick Though :happyyes:

I can understand the point, that Big Baw Punt Doon the Middle is maybe

No best productive use of the ball in attacking sense. But there again :chin:

For me Carson keeps the gloves if he's fit, he deserves it on form so far this season.

Yes he has had a few clangers recently but that could be down to the niggling injury he has had and the fact that the whole team defensively haven't been that great in recent weeks.

Now he's fully fit and has a competent keeper breathing down his neck then we might see the best of him again.

Any more slip ups though and I think McCracken then deserves his chance,

McCracken looks a decent keeper and would be a great signing if we could get him permanently, IMO

3 minutes ago, gedee said:

Can anyone tell me what Carson's "niggling injury" was?

Maybe it wisnae revealed, or more likely eh've forgotten.

He has a long term issue with his knee apparently and struggles to play multiple games in a week. He could have played if push came to shove but Docherty doesn't like making him play 3 times a week and particularly if their is an artificial pitch involved.

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He has a long term issue with his knee apparently and struggles to play multiple games in a week. He could have played if push came to shove but Docherty doesn't like making him play 3 times a week and particularly if their is an artificial pitch involved.

Carson is excellent at anything above waist hight, low shots seems to be a problem for him. Maybe due to his ‘niggling’ injury?

Adblock Detected