Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Loan Deals - Keep or Leave

Keep or leave  

55 members have voted

1. 1. McCracken

• Keep only if permanent
    • Keep regardless of loan or not
    • Leave
  2. 2. Donnelly

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  3. 3. Dodgson

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  4. 4. Beck

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  5. 5. Boateng

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  6. 6. Costelloe

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  7. 7. Howley

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  8. 8. Mellon

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  9. 9. Bakayoko

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave
  10. 10. Robinson

• Keep only if permanent
    • Leave

We have a big rebuild ahead of us due to the number of loans we currently have. If honest, there's not many I wouldn't keep for next season but let's see what people think. Not included Lamie since he has already signed a PCA. 

Split into 3 categories - keep, keep if we can get them permanently only or leave (thought the word 'punt' was too harsh as not one has been a poor servant IMO).

Jon McCracken - Don't see the point in another loan deal for next season if he stays on at Norwich but a no brainer to try and sign permanently if we can. Keep if permanent.

Aaron Donnelly - Came on leaps and bounds as the season has progressed. Again, wouldn't renew a loan deal but if we could get permanently another no brainer. Keep if permanent.

Owen Dodgson - Unfortunately, I think we can do better. Leave.

Owen Beck - Obviously a keep but realistically we have zero chance on this one. Leave. 

Ryan Howley - Might be a good player, but injuries have hindered his season. Leave.

Malachi Boateng - Permanent would be amazing, loan deal would still be huge. I'd be hopeful we're trying to get him for another season. Keep.

Michael Mellon - He's not had much of a loan spell with us due to the concussion but looks a talent. I'd definitely be wanting to see if we could get him off Burnley for a full season and I think that'd be good for his development. Keep.

Zach Robinson - Said many times, I think technically he's the best striker on our books and has the most potential but he's had a really tough old season. I think he's out of contract but at this stage I'd only keep him if he was ours to develop for the future now rather than another loan. Potential. Keep if permanent.

Amadou Bakayoko - Out of contract. A marmite player. Needs to involve himself more and we seem to have signed Main to be his long term replacement. Personally, I'd keep if his demands were reasonable though. Nothing wrong with having a second target man. I think he'll go back down South though but I'll say keep if permanent.

Dara Costelloe - Not been quite the disaster I thought he'd be but he's not for me still. Leave.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Keep:

Donnelly

Beck (not that we stand a chance)

Boateng

McCracken

I think with 3 loan attackers up front with Mellon, Robinson and Bakayoko, we have an opportunity to shuffle the deck again in search of a goal scoring partner for Main next season. There is a chance a Rudden will return, which I am fine with.  I actually think we’ve looked quite static up front since he left for Raith; however we probably need another 2 better forwards on the books. I am not sure Baka will be happy to be second choice to Main at this stage in his career. I don’t think Robinson is at the standard we need at the moment and I’m yet to be convinced about Mellon. 

Baka I would keep although lost a bit if form recently

beck will be heading out somewhere else , probably elf championship

Boateng - no for me . Was decent early on but has been poor for months now and question his mental strength

Mellon - not on the one game he has done well in v livi . Hopefully improves massively over last few months

Donnelly - done well at times think we need more experience at CB . Will have a decent future in the game

nobody else worth considering at this stage  

5 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Interesting to see that Beck aside, none of the Premiership club lads are amazing compared to our young lads.

It's probably more down to the fact that the ROI for those top clubs is pretty good in that they only have to produce one player good enough to make the grade to cover the cost of those who don't - it's more or less a numbers game where they're buying as many raffle tickets as they can to increase their chances of winning.  

10 loan players and some really good footballers, I like the look of Mellon from what I have seen, if he gets the game time I think he could do very well. It’s fair to say that they all have strengths that the team requires. 

9 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Interesting to see that Beck aside, none of the Premiership club lads are amazing compared to our young lads.

I think the fact beck is an attacking wingback and is good at either end of the pitch gets him a bit more publicity. For me Donnelly for such a young center back has been very impressive also. 

For that category of younger ones who haven't really shone or asserted themselves, I'd genuinely be happy if they stayed a bit longer term if they are viewed well behind the scenes. It's all well shaking things up with loanees but unless you're getting someone on the fringes of a top side (like Beck for us or Biereth for Motherwell), they might well look a bit out of it in the first few games.

For all they cost, I do think it's silly sometimes the way clubs recycle loanees when they are starting to establish themselves and then trade for someone even less experienced. I could see the Burnley boys and maybe still Howley contributing a lot more for us next season.

We've got 14 non loans and then 2 additional senior players who are a bit older and will be on senior wages. I think getting that 16 or so right is most important. In the McCann/McIntrye disaster season, we had a few loan guys get a lot of focus and critique then go on to show afterwards that they weren't bad players - the expectation on them was unreasonable when the main squad was total guff and would have been fighting relegation in the second tier. Ryan Inniss was way above what we had but seemed to be singled out for making a relatively small number of errors coming back from injury when he was next to way worse (O'Dea could barely move) and also had a few really good showings.

Adblock Detected