Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Notice: The Future of The Forum

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
On 25/03/2024 at 15:12, TheDarkBlues said:

Just a quick update on a few upcoming events.

This year marks our 10th anniversary; our journey began on May 11, 2014, and here we are, 10 years later! We have something special planned, so stay tuned for more details.

In case you're wondering, we're here to stay. We just renewed the licence for the forum software for another year, and we plan on extending our domain name registration for another 5 years.

There will also be news to some up-and-coming changes to the forum, and we'll keep you posted as we finalize the details.

Anyone still here that was on right at the start?

9 hours ago, QuesoGrande said:

Anyone still here that was on right at the start?

Queso, I think I joined, within the the first few weeks, of the DBF launch :happyyes:

I remember at the the time, Jonn Admin was absolutely Delighted by Me :wub:

It was only matter of weeks, he started sending me, Threats & Hate Mail :(

With passing years, few key members have left. He's changed his approach.

He has now resorted to offer me a Yearly Bribe...Every man has his price ;)

But although £5 a year to leave DBF is tempting, I am holding out for £10 :rolleyes:

So, it's Back to You Auld Freend:chaplin:

As you can see John I'm still here  :bye:

9 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Still quite a few people who visit, that joined us back in 2014. A lot of people sign in but do not post as much.

John I think your short response/comment above is pertinent...And says a great deal.

And wouldn't it be helpful if we could find exactly why members have stopped posting?

Whilst asking this question, ask also...What else DBF can do to attract New Members?

First & foremost, I accept DBF is a Football  Forum & as such, the much bigger majority

Forum Members come on to it for this reason Fitba News. More specifically DFC news.

As can be seen by my daft post above, I see Our (family) Forum as much more that that.

The Forum I mean it's active members has seriously helped me, through, very bad times.

Still does (& hope it continues to do so) But I genuinely accept, my posts/contributions,

are definitely not for everyone and on that basis I'm open to criticism prefer gentle kind :wub:

Especially if my own style of posting's detrimental to what other members expect on DBF

It's not in my style to be over-critical. But maybe it does require more openness & honesty.

Be direct in answering the question? What do YOU want and expect from Your Forum? :chin:

And what can you do to achieve this goal? Even a short post/response may be a start:chaplin:

4 hours ago, Gedee said:

John I think your short response/comment above is pertinent...And says a great deal.

And wouldn't it be helpful if we could find exactly why members have stopped posting?

Whilst asking this question, ask also...What else DBF can do to attract New Members?

First & foremost, I accept DBF is a Football  Forum & as such, the much bigger majority

Forum Members come on to it for this reason Fitba News. More specifically DFC news.

As can be seen by my daft post above, I see Our (family) Forum as much more that that.

The Forum I mean it's active members has seriously helped me, through, very bad times.

Still does (& hope it continues to do so) But I genuinely accept, my posts/contributions,

are definitely not for everyone and on that basis I'm open to criticism prefer gentle kind :wub:

Especially if my own style of posting's detrimental to what other members expect on DBF

It's not in my style to be over-critical. But maybe it does require more openness & honesty.

Be direct in answering the question? What do YOU want and expect from Your Forum? :chin:

And what can you do to achieve this goal? Even a short post/response may be a start:chaplin:

Posters will stop posting for many different reasons, Gerald.

I suspect if I were to ask everyone why they have stopped posting, there would be tons of different reason's, and answers as to why.

Being a football forum, and tied to one club, means that people only come here to talk about one subject, and that depends on what is going on with the club. The forum goes up and down with the fortunes of Dundee FC. We cannot get away from that.

I'm pretty sure that others have stopped posting due to difference of opinions with other or because they disagree with our moderation  (rightly or wrongly).

Speaking for myself, I would love to make this a place where everyone could all get along and every one was a member of the happy clappers club. But that will never happen.

52 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Posters will stop posting for many different reasons, Gerald.

I suspect if I were to ask everyone why they have stopped posting, there would be tons of different reason's, and answers as to why.

Being a football forum, and tied to one club, means that people only come here to talk about one subject, and that depends on what is going on with the club. The forum goes up and down with the fortunes of Dundee FC. We cannot get away from that.

I'm pretty sure that others have stopped posting due to difference of opinions with other or because they disagree with our moderation  (rightly or wrongly).

Speaking for myself, I would love to make this a place where everyone could all get along and every one was a member of the happy clappers club. But that will never happen.

Both yourself John & Brother Scott, have long experience with DBF, And I'm sure, many other Forums/Websites).

On that basis alone, I'm unlikely to disagree with your comments. But it frustrates me to think, that out there, there appears to be more than just a few members, who take DBF & work put in by yourselves, staff, & regular contributors, simply for granted. Happy to pop in & out, ignore posts/requests, or make odd appearances, simply to criticise, without in some cases, ever acknowledging, the hard work, time & money, put in by yourselves and others. I accept (albeit reluctantly) that is their choice. I don't want to make this a diatribe against anyone (especially members who have good reason for posting only occasionally) Or Potentially, New Members to DBF, who are still considering taking that first step, by posting in, small (or large) First Post/Response/Contribution.

And I'm certainly, NOT wanting to add, a negative post/ or/& contribution, to this Discussion.

(I might be failing miserably to be constructive trying to get my point over successfully here)

So I'll conclude at this time by highlighting, not only your obvious skills in running/maintaining Our Forum (which as I already said, I think at some times, by some posters/members is taken for granted) But also highlight the patience/temperament/resilience, to keep coming back for more....At the expense I imagine, of a few regular nervous breakdowns & some self analysis & reflection, questioning your self John & possibly  Brother Scott...

Mind, as said earlier. Health of self, family, close friends, takes priority over,  Just about everything :happyyes:

WHY DO WE DO IT?:chin:... UNLESS OF COURSE, IT'S FOR THE FAME, THE LOVE, AND THE GLORY :wub:

(Back to Topic Heading) Think John & Scott would agree future of DBF is with Us. Keep Posting:chaplin:

Adblock Detected