The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Best Player You've Seen In The Flesh

Rate this topic

Caniggia was incredibly talented but I think Larsson is the best footballer I've seen in Scotland. We saw the guy at his peak in the SPL and he was unplayable at times. Laudrup was a special talent as well.

Outside Scotland, I went to the World Cup in Germany and had the privilege of watching Ronaldo, Kaka and Ronaldinho, who were fantastic to watch.

Who's the best player or players who've watched?

Thierry Henry at his peak.

Got to Highbury a few times while in London and he was just outstanding.

I'm young so not seem many.

I did see Larsson tho. Don't think I was old enough to appreciate any of them tbh.

Henrik Larsson, Kenny Dalglish, Paul Scholes, Bryan Robson,Paul Gascoigne, Georgi Nemsadze, Claudio Canniggia off the top of my head players I have seen play live and though they were a cut above

Neymar at Scotland v Brasil at the Emirates, he was different gravy that day 

Charlie Cooke

• Like 1

Top four for me:

Henrik Larsson - Every time I seen him he was a cut above the rest.

Brian Laudrup - Again, a class act evey time I was lucky enough to watch him play.

Gareth Bale - Seen him live only once. He single-handedly tore Wigan apart the night I seen him at White Hart Lane.

Georgi Nemsadze - No explanation required. Easily the best player I've ever seen playing for Dundee.

In no particular order

Caniggia

Gazza

Laudrup

Gerrard

Xabi Alonso

Torres

Suarez

Probably Gascoigne, Laudrup and larsson.

Just behind them was CC33 and nemsadze.

Haven't been to many games mot involving the dee to be honest

Henry, Vieira, Thuram, Ribery, Makalele, Casillas, Ramos, Puyol, Iniesta, Alonso, Villa, Shevchenko, Tevez, Rooney, Robben, Van Persie are a few I have seen. Obviously Caniggia, Larsson, De Boer etc in the SPL I saw aswell. 

Would probably have to say Iniesta. His range of passing was amazing to see in real life. 

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

Maradona at eighteen year old before the negative stuff kicked in,Del Piero and David Trezeguet were special.

Henrik Larsson - everytime I seen him at dens he was just unreal and I'm sure he scored in most of the games I seen him play in against us too.. Top top striker, we might not see his like again play in Scotland.

Jack Wilshere - seen him play at the emirates against Ipswich in the carling cup semi final in 2011 and he ran the show that night, his ball retention was scary and his passing was on the money everytime.

Georgi - the best player I've seen dawn the dark blue!

Freddie Daqu.. Errr😕ðŸ˜

Yeah Larsson always seemed to score against us. His goal in this game was a cracker. Highlight of the match though was a wonder goal from Fotheringham for the Dee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDdhX_8kvHI

Oooft I forgot about that goal until now, what a hit son! Not the two most popular goal scorers for most dees tae.. Judas getting the 2nd there haha

Edited by Derrygunner

George Best and  Fabrizio Ravanelli both at Dens different times and past their best but still had great touches