Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Digital tickets

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, tommy the tap in king said:

Excellent news no doubt some dinosaur will be complaining about there not being a cash gate next season 😂😂

You mean people who still want to have money in their pockets and then travel down to the bank every day? Bugger that, so much easier online!

But, this is great news for those who have to travel into Dundee just to pick up tickets.

Who says the club doesn't listen, sometimes it just takes them a little while to get into gear.

33 minutes ago, tommy the tap in king said:

Excellent news no doubt some dinosaur will be complaining about there not being a cash gate next season 😂😂

It's 2024 but that doesn't mean some people don't prefer to use cash. I personally never have cash now but my wife is still very much a cash user. If that makes her a dinosaur for preferring cash to electronic payment maybe you'd be the best person to insult her in that way to her face?

Bloody sure I'm not going to do it, she'd kill me.

However it is very good news that the club is finally dragging itself into the twentieth century - 25 years into the twenty first century but at least it's something.

2 minutes ago, tommy the tap in king said:

Honestly hate cash as a business owner,  it’s pain in the ass needing to count it, register it then drive miles to bank it and to add insult to injury pay a monthly fee to have the privilege of having a business account. . 

Cash will always be king but there are other ways to handle it rather than in note and coin form. These days our phones and debit cards are equivalent to cash - provided you're using an account that's in credit of course. If only I could get the wife to realise this. Unfortunately she thinks a card of any sort is a credit card so doesn't like to use her debit card because she thinks it's creating debt. If she can't physically see cash she just doesn't seem to understand.

Probably doesn't help that she works in a supermarket cash office of course.

24 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

I hope I can still get a proper old season ticket book next season instead of yet another credit card sized card to put in my wallet.........I just know there will be at least once where I try to get in The Coxy using my Clubcard :D 

Going to be digital aswell , if I read the story right 

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Cash will always be king but there are other ways to handle it rather than in note and coin form. These days our phones and debit cards are equivalent to cash - provided you're using an account that's in credit of course. If only I could get the wife to realise this. Unfortunately she thinks a card of any sort is a credit card so doesn't like to use her debit card because she thinks it's creating debt. If she can't physically see cash she just doesn't seem to understand.

Probably doesn't help that she works in a supermarket cash office of course.

Unfortunately not everyone is comfortable using  card only,particularly the older generation and I can understand there concerns,not helped by the amount of bank branches closing and of course the scammers who prey on the vulnerable

1 hour ago, Forty twa said:

Unfortunately not everyone is comfortable using  card only,particularly the older generation and I can understand there concerns,not helped by the amount of bank branches closing and of course the scammers who prey on the vulnerable

This could have been said about every generation throughout the last 200 year's. Change will always be hard for some, and a lot easier for others. In 20-40 years time, the way we deal with transactions will become second nature to pretty much everyone.

Banks are closing because a large percentage of the population do not use them. Everything is done online (Personally I prefer not standing in a queue just to get money) these days.

There have been scammers as long as there has been money, and these assholes are only taking advantage of newer technology until the time comes where people will become educated enough not to fall for their scams.

Adblock Detected