Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Are we mathematically safe?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Copied from ballsing it up and posting on the wrong thread...........

By my reckoning there are 21 more points available to all teams currently below us except Livingston who have 24 available - 24 also available to us. Livingston are bottom on 17 so IF, and that's a huge IF, we get no more points AND Livingston get 24 they'd be on 41 - we're currently on 39.

I'm fairly confident that won't be happening.

Celtic can assure us of avoiding relegation by beating Livingston tomorrow as Livingston could only then manage 38 by winning all remaining games.

I think that we are definitely playing premiership football next season and deservedly so. Next season is going to be very difficult for TD with so many loan players going back to their clubs and offers likely to be made for several players. It’s going to be an interesting summer.

100% not going down.  This season has a similar feeling to 98/99 when we finished fifth and Ivano's first season when we had a party at Pittodrie to get sixth.  It could be another famous day at Pittodrie in a fortnight but it would be gutting to miss the top six by a point or two after such a strong campaign.   

Tongue in cheek thread obviously but Dundee fans need to let go of that loser mentality.

The aim at the start of the season would have been to simply survive. We've managed that with ease. Not once have we looked like or been in the relegation zone pretty much the entire season.

A top 6 finish is within touching distance,  yet some of our support is scared shitless of relegation (still).

It's been a very good season overall (we won't discuss that Celtic result)

I find the lack of faith in this squad to be a bit disrespectful considering some of the brilliant displays and individual performances this season.

I've said similar previously but you don't know what's round the corner, next season could be a complete disaster therefore surely you make the most of it now and grab that top 6 spot with both hands?

5 hours ago, kemback1997 said:

100% not going down.  This season has a similar feeling to 98/99 when we finished fifth and Ivano's first season when we had a party at Pittodrie to get sixth.  It could be another famous day at Pittodrie in a fortnight but it would be gutting to miss the top six by a point or two after such a strong campaign.   

5th in 1999- 46pts (36 games)

6th in 2001- 47pts (38 games)

6th in 2015- 44pts (38 games).

This could be our best points tally since Jocky in 99 and potentially our best since the implementation of the split.

8 games and 24 points still to play for.

Adblock Detected