Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Pyrotechnics Incident in the away end today

Seems a kid was injured and suffered a pretty bad burn after someone had thrown a pyrotechnic in the stands.

I hope that the injury isn't as serious as suggested, and they will be okay.

I have seen the pictures of his burn on the side of his face, he definitely will have a scar left by this.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
41 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Seems a kid was injured and suffered a pretty bad burn after someone had thrown a pyrotechnic in the stands.

I hope that the injury isn't as serious as suggested, and they will be okay.

I have seen the pictures of his burn on the side of his face, he definitely will have a scar left by this.

These idiots need to be called out. Maybe stick one of the flares up their ar*e and see if they like it.

I've also seen the photos of the young lad on facebook.  This has been waiting to happen for years now.  If that happened in the street it would be on the front page of the Courier.  In this day and age, how difficult is it to identify the culprits and charge them/ban them from football for a long period of time?  This is totally 100% out of order and needs stopped now.  When you see that boy's face and the metal bottle opener getting chucked at Shankland you have to wonder what's gone wrong with our society.   

Five teens arrested for pyro incidents on Saturday including the one who hit the young lad according to the Tully. You'd imagine they'll receive banning orders. 

Firstly, I hope the boy who was hit recovers well. Nasty incident.

Absolutely no need for chucking them about ending up injuring our own fans. Can only think whoever threw it was aiming for the track/pitch and had a terrible throw. 

Secondly though, I think calls for our fans to specifically stop using them is completely unrealistic when every single support in the country is using pyro at their bigger games.

Like it or not, it's became a massive part of fan culture in this country and it's not going away.

There has to be a safer way of using them though and chucking them through your own support is just mental. 

Club Statement Released

Dundee Football Club can confirm that the club is fully aware of an incident that occurred at yesterday’s match against St Johnstone which saw a young Dundee supporter injured by a pyrotechnic set off within the away support.

The club will be working with St Johnstone and Police Scotland to try to identify the culprit. This is an example of the very real dangers associated with pyrotechnics generally and within football stadia.

The club reminds all supporters that it is an offence to bring pyrotechnics to any football match in Scotland. Action will be taken by the club against individuals who do not adhere to this. Pyrotechnics have no place in Scottish football and yesterday illustrated how dangerous they can be.

The club have been in touch directly with the family of the young supporter to check on his condition and will be arranging something special for him with the players and coaches.

Everyone at Dundee Football Club wishes him a speedy recovery and looks forward to seeing him soon.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/pyrotechnic-incident/

12 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Secondly though, I think calls for our fans to specifically stop using them is completely unrealistic when every single support in the country is using pyro at their bigger games.

Agree with the majority of your post but not this. We can easily police ourselves in such circumstances. 

Nasty accidents like yesterday could easily be so much worse and would we deem it okay to keep using them because other teams do? Needs to be stamped out. Quicker the better.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Agree with the majority of your post but not this. We can easily police ourselves in such circumstances. 

Nasty accidents like yesterday could easily be so much worse and would we deem it okay to keep using them because other teams do? Needs to be stamped out. Quicker the better.

I get the sentiment but just not sure how realistic it is.

Why would our young fans watch every other fanbase in the country use them but not use them ourselves?

Think the poster Harry posted a few months back that other countries have safe pyro allowed in the stadiums successfully. 

That's exactly what Scottish football should be looking at introducing instead of naively hoping that statements saying they're banned are going to make any difference.

Just my opinion though. 

13 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I get the sentiment but just not sure how realistic it is.

Why would our young fans watch every other fanbase in the country use them but not use them ourselves?

Think the poster Harry posted a few months back that other countries have safe pyro allowed in the stadiums successfully. 

That's exactly what Scottish football should be looking at introducing instead of naively hoping that statements saying they're banned are going to make any difference.

Just my opinion though. 

The Fireworks and Pyrotechnics Articles (Scotland) Act 2022 came into force last June and is the same as in England and Wales. Pyrotechnics at football matches is already illegal, so in reality, no one should be bringing them to football games.

Fifa did a study where they believe there is no such thing as safe pyrotechnics. You can read it here: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/protecting-the-game/news/023b-0f8e54fb5f6d-533c63f36196-1000--independent-scientific-report-proves-no-safe-use-of-pyro/

However, this article is interesting regarding the use of pyrotechnics in countries like Norway, Sweden, USA when it comes to dealing with them safely. However, I cannot see the like of Rangers fans adhering to this.

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/07/effc_2017_different_approaches_to_legal_pyrotechnics

Adblock Detected