Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

VPN

Maxwell

Question

John,

Having intermittent problems accessing forum recently. I tried switching my VPN off and it appears to resolve the problem. When I try to access it asks if you want to Download the Dark Blues Forum. Any ideas as to cause? Accessing through I Pad.

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Maxwell said:

John,

Having intermittent problems accessing forum recently. I tried switching my VPN off and it appears to resolve the problem. When I try to access it asks if you want to Download the Dark Blues Forum. Any ideas as to cause? Accessing through I Pad.

Without seeing the error, you're getting first hand, I can only guess this could be an issue between Safari and your VPN service.

Your version of IOS is compatible with our software, so you shouldn't have an issue accessing the site. Which VPN service are you using?

May I suggest trying Google Chrome with your VPN and see if the same happens?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Without seeing the error, you're getting first hand, I can only guess this could be an issue between Safari and your VPN service.

Your version of IOS is compatible with our software, so you shouldn't have an issue accessing the site. Which VPN service are you using?

May I suggest trying Google Chrome with your VPN and see if the same happens?

John, 

tried Google Chrome - same problem. Express VPN in use since last November- no access issues until very recently. Error is “403 Forbidden” on both Google and Safari. Access works when VPN switched off, but bit of hassle if I need to do this every time I want to access the Forum. Any other technical suggestions?

6 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

John, 

tried Google Chrome - same problem. Express VPN in use since last November- no access issues until very recently. Error is “403 Forbidden” on both Google and Safari. Access works when VPN switched off, but bit of hassle if I need to do this every time I want to access the Forum. Any other technical suggestions?

A 403 Forbidden error, means that our server or Cloudflare is blocking your IP address.

Can you tell me which country you have set your VPN too, we do block certain countries for security purposes.

Can you share a screenshot of the error, and can you post the IP address when you are getting blocked?

You can use this website to get your IP address. https://whatismyipaddress.com/

I'm going to assume that you are only blocked on here when using your VPN?

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Also, I assume that you are using the paid version of Express VPN, or is it the free version?

NVM, I cannot find a free version to test with.

Paid version of VPN.

7 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Hi John,

Now being able to access with VPN on. Technical glitch, or am I hoping against hope that all is back to normal?

Apologies John - information you requested;

IP Address- IPv4 194.32.120.210

VPN set to London UK.

Trust this helps.

24 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Hi John,

Now being able to access with VPN on. Technical glitch, or am I hoping against hope that all is back to normal?

I cleared our caches earlier on, so let me know if this happens again and I will look into this further for you.

17 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Apologies John - information you requested;

IP Address- IPv4 194.32.120.210

VPN set to London UK.

Trust this helps.

Cheers,

Yeah, the UK is not on our naughty list.

I have checked your IP addresses and none of them are in our IP block list on Cloudflare.

You deserve a lot of credit John and a Big Pat on the Back ... You really put yourself about to help :wub:

Just don't be overdoing it mind, & if it all becomes too much, remember I'm  here for the overspill:chaplin:

But My Skills around Computer/Internet problems are limited. Speciality is, Switch On/Off Method :bye:

FAILING THAT I TRY CONTACTING JAMIE MY GRANDSON :lol2:   LATELY, HE'S WENT INTO HIDING :ph34r:

Adblock Detected