The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

McAlister and S McGinn No Show?

Rate this topic

At training I'm hearing. Possibly got other offers?

That should be the door closed on them IMO.

I.A.W.T.P.

:nothingtoadd:

They are not under contract at the moment so I would suspect they wouldn't be allowed to train with the team until they accept a new contract.

I don't think we will see S McGinn in dark blue again, but we might see McAlister back at some point.

Would they be 'blocked' from training if not under contract but under offer?

(Does anyone know if they *are* under offer?)

Would they be 'blocked' from training if not under contract but under offer?

(Does anyone know if they *are* under offer?)

I don't know, I am just speculating on this matter. It could be that we may never see these two in a Dee shirt again and they may be holding out of indeed have offers elsewhere.

Would most people be allowed back in their work place if they never accepted a new contract?

I don't know, I am just speculating on this matter. It could be that we may never see these two in a Dee shirt again and they may be holding out of indeed have offers elsewhere.

Would most people be allowed back in their work place if they never accepted a new contract?

Good point...

I suppose this is the *grey area* of the business.

Does a contract last until the first day of the *next* season?

Or the last 'playing' day of the previous (including cups etc...)?

Good point...

I suppose this is the *grey area* of the business.

Does a contract last until the first day of the *next* season?

Or the last 'playing' day of the previous (including cups etc...)?

I've always assumed that contracts ran until 30th June and new contracts began on 1st July. 

If there has been no contact with the club and new contracts have not been signed/agreed then that may be that.

I would imagine that as they are out of contract players then they would have to make there own plans for doing a pre season and keeping fit. They may ask the club then the club can decide or the club could offer them training facilities but if there being non committal towards the club then I can understand why the manager wouldnt want them training with us. He will only want those who are 100% committed towards the Dee or those he has brought in on trial.

• Like 1

To be fair they have both had more than enough time to decide on these contracts. Would have taken offers off the table at least a week ago.

Pretty surprised we've heard nothing as I thought their answers would have been given ages ago. At this stage, I would rather neither of them sign.

The way I see it, we'll normally be playing 3 from Thomson, McGowan, Low and Ross and another 3 from Stewart, Loy, Hemmings, Harkins, Tankulic and Roberts. I think McAllister would be added to that first grouping there and then McGinn would cover either.

I think we're covered well enough right now and we've got a good squad together to cover pre-season. We will likely need to make an unexpected signing or two and I'd rather just keep the wages for that or use them on some special trialist we may come across on our travels. Having something left to spend generally comes in necessary.

If we move on Ferry and Roberts though, I would be open to bringing one in.

• Like 1

I would imagine that as they are out of contract players then they would have to make there own plans for doing a pre season and keeping fit. They may ask the club then the club can decide or the club could offer them training facilities but if there being non committal towards the club then I can understand why the manager wouldnt want them training with us. He will only want those who are 100% committed towards the Dee or those he has brought in on trial.

I would think your comments make quite a bit of sense there bjs.

There are times to show a wee bit patience and tolerance, but if the players are using delaying tactics ..... then hell mend them !!

As you suggest, PH and the Club, will only want players training/playing, that are 100% committed.

I wouldn't imagine they would train if they have not signed a contract as they would not have insurance if they were injured

Disappointing news about Jim Mac. Hopefully we can still sort something out. I can imagine he's worried about a lack of opportunities to play next season.

As for S McGinn, I'll be glad to see the back of him.