Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Paul Hartley Happy With Striking Options

Source: The Courier

Dundee boss Paul Hartley has welcomed the fact that he will have more attacking options at his disposal this season following the arrival of new signings Kane Hemmings and Rory Loy. However, the manager also insists that another player already at the club, Luka Tankulic, can still cement a place in his first-choice starting XI.

The Dark Blues were not exactly prolific in front of goal last season with only Greg Stewart finding the back of the net on a regular basis over the course of the campaign.

Hartley tried with only limited success to find a strike partner for the former Cowdenbeath player but now he is looking to do just that in pre-season. Hartley said: “That was one of the issues for us last season, scoring goals. “It was about finding the right partner for Greg. “Now we have more options with Kane Hemmings and Rory Loy. “And there’s Tankulic as well. When he is on his day, Luka is as good as anyone.

“We’ve put young Craig Wighton out on loan but I think the four of those give us good options in attack. “Luka had a difficult spell last year but I have seen enough of him to know what he has to offer. “If we can get him right and he stays injury-free, then we’ve got a really good player on our hands.”

Hartley expressed a similar wish over another member of his squad, Gary Harkins. The midfield playmaker endured a difficult second half of last season after suffering a stress fracture on his shin. Even after Harkins recovered from that problem, he barely featured but the manager is looking for him to bounce back strongly for this new campaign. He said: “I think Gary had a few injuries and things just didn’t go his way. “But he’s looked good in training since we came back and, on his day, Harkins is as good as anybody. “We just need to keep him fit.

“All the players are fighting for places and that should bring out the best in them. “It’s about everyone training well every day and really pushing hard so that they can get picked for a Saturday.”

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many more chances/opportunities, would other give Roberts ?

And that is a serious question. I am no simply trying to stir things up.

Most are agreed the talent is there. But it looks like he leaves it in the dressing room ..... Instead o' takin it wi him, at the start o' a gemme !!.

Personally I am gled to him still with us. But, I doubt I would want to give him, maybe no more than four opportunities, to prove to us he has got it.

And maybe, no even that ...... But what a talent and an asset he would be, to himself and DFC, if finally PH could get him to really "switch on" again.

How many more chances/opportunities, would other give Roberts ?

And that is a serious question. I am no simply trying to stir things up.

Most are agreed the talent is there. But it looks like he leaves it in the dressing room ..... Instead o' takin it wi him, at the start o' a gemme !!.

Personally I am gled to him still with us. But, I doubt I would want to give him, maybe no more than four opportunities, to prove to us he has got it.

And maybe, no even that ...... But what a talent and an asset he would be, to himself and DFC, if finally PH could get him to really "switch on" again.

One game...

One last chance...

He doesn't need to be MotM, he only needs to show this apparent talent everyone says he has and the attitude to show up.

And then if he does, for any game afterwards, the moment he doesn't - he's pulled.

No "Honest mate, Look! I'm playing really well!" for one game and then back to the usual nonsense.

Adblock Detected