The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Possible Transfers That Fell Through

Rate this topic

Dundee were going to sign Jim McInally but the Celtic board were worried they'd regret selling to another Scottish club so Clough took him to Forest instead.

Any others?

Snodgrass was a sickener. I believe he was at Dens to sign and the club were about to announce it when his agent called him to say Leeds wanted him.

Jacki Dziekanowski was due to sign under cowboy but it fell through at the last

Snodgrass was a sickener. I believe he was at Dens to sign and the club were about to announce it when his agent called him to say Leeds wanted him.

I thought we did announce him?

I thought we did announce him?

We were due to announce alongside Darren Young but it was literally the last seconds it was pulled.

I seem to remember that there's actually a pic of Darren Young signing and if you look closely Snodgeass is in the background but I might be mistaken

Just as well we got the best outcome out of those two aye :-)

Snodgrass was a sickner

Who was the Italian that we signed but never played due to "red tape" Alex Rae was sacked , Dave Farrell took charge at Morton away as the Italian striker was due to play that day but never did ?????

Djalminha didnt show up at airport to meet Duffy as he was expected to sign that day.

I was gutted we never got Giorgi Kincladze

Fabio Vignaroli. Ended up ironically becoming the Newcastle Jets (Club Stephen Thompson is wanting) most highly paid player ever according to wiki.

I remember a story in THE SUN CHarlie Nicholas was to sign for Dee,it was after a testimonial appearance, think it might have been Jim Duffy's

Fabio Vignaroli. Ended up ironically becoming the Newcastle Jets (Club Stephen Thompson is wanting) most highly paid player ever according to wiki.

Good man Ludo

Ive often wondered what is RED TAPE

Jim McLean hijacking Iain Ferguson coming back to dens when he was on loan with us. Sickener made better when we signed super Tommy tho

Edited by dundeeman35

What about McFadden ? Was he not close before he went down south ?

Edgar Davids too........ ;-)

Dario Morello (sp.) was paraded with a squad number circa 2001/02 then never got to play because of the old 'red tape' and Alex Bunbury the Canadian international featured in the 1992 team photo but had to be released because Celtic beat us to the last EU work permit by signing the afore mentioned Jackie Jackinowski.

Did Gazza no turn up pished at dens for signing talks once?

Polish left back and captain marek koźmiński was close to signing under Ivano and another Georgian, Gocha Jamarauli too.

Was Ivano not nearly replaced by some Paraguayan manager called campo or something like that nd he was bringing across a load of Paraguay internationals with him

Dario Morello (sp.) was paraded with a squad number circa 2001/02 then never got to play because of the old 'red tape' and Alex Bunbury the Canadian international featured in the 1992 team photo but had to be released because Celtic beat us to the last EU work permit by signing the afore mentioned Jackie Jackinowski.

That Morello was even in the dundee team on championship manager 01/02 season lol