Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Atmospheres

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The skol cup quarter final at dens in 87 when we beat the dabs 2-1 in extra time, dens was packed to the rafters. Half the stand/enclosure was full of Dee's as well, no one really gave Dundee a hope as that was the dabs team that had just reached the uefa cup final. Place went wild when the winner went in, that atmosphere would take some beating

Don't think we will ever beat the Dumbarton league winning game tbh.Unbelievable atmosphere that day/night Dens was packed to the rafters with Dees and absolutely rocking.listening to the Hamilton score coming through along us starting to wobble a bit was the most nervous I've ever been at a match

I have to agree with that, in the last 5 minutes you could feel the tension around the ground and hearing the news that Hamilton were beating Morton by 10-2 made it even more unbearable.

Don't think we will ever beat the Dumbarton league winning game tbh.Unbelievable atmosphere that day/night Dens was packed to the rafters with Dees and absolutely rocking.listening to the Hamilton score coming through along us starting to wobble a bit was the most nervous I've ever been at a match

I have to agree with that, in the last 5 minutes you could feel the tension around the ground and hearing the news that Hamilton were beating Morton by 10-2 made it even more unbearable.

I did hospo that day, icing on the cake. I thought it was a wind up as my mate was updating me with the Hamilton score, it certainly cranked up the tension.  :sweat:

The Uefa/Fairs Cup Cologne game in the early 70s. Noted in another topic as the favourite moment as a Dee by some and I agree, and also imo the best atmosphere ever at Dens. It must have been because it is the only time I have ever invaded the park (along with many hundreds of others I may add) in 50 years plus of attending Dens or following Dundee to other grounds.

I did hospo that day, icing on the cake. I thought it was a wind up as my mate was updating me with the Hamilton score, it certainly cranked up the tension.  :sweat:

I was totally unaware- I heard the guy behind me say "Its 10-2" and I thought he was just meaning the time!!! ie ten to five!!! I found out only when leaving the ground!! ;oD

I was totally unaware- I heard the guy behind me say "Its 10-2" and I thought he was just meaning the time!!! ie ten to five!!! I found out only when leaving the ground!! ;oD

:lol2:

I wish I didn't know, they were on about 8 when he showed me his phone as proof, I was bricking it.

Game against partick the same season when we were all holding up the red cards, griffiths scored a raker that game and at the start we were all singing 'no one likes us we don't care, all 4 stands were in full voice, I remember my hairs were standing on end tae.. Total deefiance!!

Here you go mate! Still get goose bumps too. Please forgive me if wrong, but was that not the sad weekend where sir Bobby Cox passed away also? Remember the emotion in the crowd that day, will never forget it.

Here you go mate! Still get goose bumps too. Please forgive me if wrong, but was that not the sad weekend where sir Bobby Cox passed away also? Remember the emotion in the crowd that day, will never forget it.

Absolutely fantastic mate! That's what we need at dens again, proper deefiant spirit that's also intimidating for opposing players who play against us there, proper Atmosphere and dens was a fortress that season tae! Never been the same since IMO!

Days like that make you realise the fans will never let the club die.

Adblock Detected